RV Length
36'
Chassis
Spartan
TOW/TOAD
Fiat 500 Turbo
Fulltimer
No
That tech will be dead in five years or less. I have turned off my Direct TV and gone 100% streaming. I am leaving the boxes and dishes intact for the next owner in case they want it. I have seen others taking everything off and out.

For such a wealthy company, AT&T sure does make some questionable decisions.

With all the new tech available, for an absolute non tech, I have chosen to go with Starlink.
Overall there are zero complaints of service, support, product performance !!
Flat mount on the roof, and unless you park where there are obstructions like trees etc it is flawless.
Even underway, we get full internet and phone on wifi calling.
Sorry I never did it earlier, very happy I have the new Gen 3 antenna.
Just completed a trip to AK and back, never missed a beat.

ATT has been trying to sell DirecTV for a very long time. It was a terrible purchase and they got punished 10 fold for it. We will see what happens, but we need an option to StarLink or we will just go from one monopoly to another.

The purchase of Dish is really so that ATT can unload the 70% of DirecTV that TPG does not already own. This is a marriage of convenience and hopefully TPG plans to make some money, which will only be possible when they make the services competitive to other media delivery methods...

Directv’s service is absolutely abysmal so, unfortunately, Dish’s service will most likely head in the same direction. We’ve had Directv in both home and rv for over 15 years now and are used to all its weirdness. We’ve might just be too old to change now I guess. Starlink certainly is beginning to look like the best option if we do switch.

For such a wealthy company, AT&T sure does make some questionable decisions.

Agreed... The acquisition of Direct TV was a terrible business decision by AT&T. Direct TV was doing fine up until AT&T acquired it... AT&T mismanaged Direct TV from the get go. My only hope is that whoever was running Direct TV won't be managing their combined satellite TV services because I'm afraid they will crater Dish TV like they did Direct TV.

Latest resources

Back