RV Year
RV Make
Newmar
RV Model
Dutchstar 4369
RV Length
TOW/TOAD
2014 Honda CRV
Noticed that the while using DishTV, the picture resolution is very poor. If I switch to streaming NETFLIX, I get HD crystal clear movies with surround sound. My research shows that it is not only me having the problem?
What says you (Experts)?

Have not experienced that. Do you have a HD dish on the roof? Are you getting locked (asterisk) on all three satellites? I suggest calling and talking to a DISH tech support person. I've done that once and it was a great experience, they can get into your box and check everything out too.

I didn’t know there are non HD Dishes? I bought the kit and converted the roof antenna From DirectTV to Dish.
At the moment I have two asterisks out of 3. Most of the time I have 3/3.
The picture looks like it is 720p resolution. But if I go to the settings, it shows 1080?.
I’ll call customer support and see what they will say.

@Buly I believe the birds at 119 & 129 in the western orbit carry the Dish HD programs so if you are missing one of those that may be a issue.

Also there are some channels that are available in SD and HD. You can select between them in the Guide. I believe there is also an option in the Guide set up to hide SD.

If the issue your are having is only with the local channels it is likely that Dish is not providing the locals in your area in HD. I've had that situation in a few places.

Like @Neal said a call to Dish should help to figure it out.

Noticed that the while using DishTV, the picture resolution is very poor. If I switch to streaming NETFLIX, I get HD crystal clear movies with surround sound. My research shows that it is not only me having the problem?
What says you (Experts)?
When streaming you my get a greater bandwidth. Now there streaming 4K. I’ve also found the digital antenna will get better images then cable, or satellite.

Am in St. Augustine, and DISH provides "local" channels in non HD! A big difference in picture quality & clarity!

Am in St. Augustine, and DISH provides "local" channels in non HD! A big difference in picture quality & clarity!
Yes, I found for local channels the antenna always provided better pictures. And it is free... :)

Latest resources

Back