• Commercial/Vendors welcome

FYI Starlink reveals new dish

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
It's interesting that that video calls it "disappointing" that the new dish is larger...and that it takes more power. I am sure the reason is that the new dish has more active receivers which should make the performance closer to the in-motion dish (which also doesn't have a need for tilt motors due to the larger array). The power increase is also due to the more elements (the in-motion has even more, and yes, consumes more power of the three).
Now, the real question is whether the new dish can be used in-motion...is this compatible with the motion data subscription?

At a minimum, the new dish should be easier to point, and get better performance with less than optimal view of the sky (partial tree coverage) due to the additional active receiving elements.

I for one thinks all the changes to the new dish are a positive. I like the thinner profile, the lack of need for motors (mechanical things that tend to fail and the extra depth that makes mounting more challenging on anything other than a pole mount). And certainly the additional surface area / active elements that make it higher performance (closer to the $2500 dish).

Latest resources

Back