Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

Question Do you do your OASIS service EVERY year?

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
I have been planning to do my own Oasis annual service, but it never seems to work out. When we were in Nappanee last June, our first anniversary with the MADP rolled around and since we were there, we had Newmar do it. Fast forward to this year, as you were will recall, we were at Guaranty RV in Oregon for routine annual service when the summer loop pump failed. I got lazy and told them to replace the pump even though I had two on board. They said since they had the system opened up, they would do the Oasis annual service for just the parts cost.

There's always next year!

TJ

I have been planning to do my own Oasis annual service, but it never seems to work out. When we were in Nappanee last June, our first anniversary with the MADP rolled around and since we were there, we had Newmar do it. Fast forward to this year, as you were will recall, we were at Guaranty RV in Oregon for routine annual service when the summer loop pump failed. I got lazy and told them to replace the pump even though I had two on board. They said since they had the system opened up, they would do the Oasis annual service for just the parts cost.

There's always next year!

TJ

@TJ&LadyDi ,
Guaranty gave you a good deal there. The pumps are located in the distribution module which is entirely separate from the main burner module where all the annual work is done. Guess they made enough on the parts or Sherry just likes you. ?

I average around 300 hours a year on my oasis. I carry the parts to repair and service, but he never needed to service due to failure.

I do the recommended annual service every 2 years...doubling the interval. The maintenance kit is not the same as an oil change...the systems performance will lessen as the parts wear out.

I recently purchased the pressure gauge for the fuel filter. This will tell me when to replace based on performance.

I installed the diesel filter gauge with this years' service. I'm not sure how it works as it's in the green in the bag, guessing it's some vacuum type measurement that draws it down from green? I dunno. Gauge has slight conflict with right of the dual bolts holding the assembly on the chassis. I had to remove the right one, install gauge, reinstall. The bolt that was in the gauge hole did not have any type of sealant or thread tape so I didn't use any. And be sure to keep the old plug bolt!

oasis-diesel-filter.png

famous words.
I don't know why you all do so many mods. Can't you just leave your coach like it came from the factory??? Sheeeesh!

Okay, I admit I have it serviced every year when I'm at the factory. I just don't feel like messing with it... until I'm forced to ?

Latest resources

Back