Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

Do you love where you live (politics excluded please)

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
DW and I Full Time. We enjoy the lifestyle. Going to the Maritimes this summer and back to Brownsville this winter. Next summer, the Dakotas, Montana, Wyoming and northern Colorado. Great way to see North America

We live in Tennessee. There are many fabulous state parks, and Corps of Engineer parks, along with the Cumberland Plateau in mid-state, Reelfoot Lake in West TN, and of course the Great Smoky Mountains in the eastern part of the state. We love camping in these areas. No need to go anywhere else. As Little Jimmy Dickens sang "I've been everywhere......"

Now you'uns all go somewhere else 'cause there's enough of you'uns here already. By the way "yall" is singular whereas "all yall" is plural. So don't get confused about the language if you stop by. You'll just confuse the local folks.

We live in a small town in the mountains of northern California, right where the Sierra Nevada and Cascade ranges meet. The town has no traffic light and no sidewalks. We are so small we have no town drunk, so we all take turns.
Deer and wild turkeys are seen in town. Mountain lions are frequently seen on the fringes of town, and wolves have been heard. Bears sometimes raid a trash can on the fringes.
A trout stream is within walking distance from my home. A 7000 acre lake is a 5 minute drive, and we will often be the only ones on the water. A National Park within a half-hour drive, and 3 wilderness areas within an hour drive. The town is completely surrounded by forest, and we can boondock anywhere. We have several local favorite spots, and have spent a week boondocking in the woods without seeing or hearing another person. I can ride my mountain bike from my home all day on forest roads and not see another rider. DW sometimes quips "Why do we drive all over the country to camp when we have all this right here?" She's right. We live where most people want to come for a vacation.

The downside is the nearest full service town is half hour away over a mountain pass. Major shopping is 1.5 hours, longer in winter. Internet is iffy and slow, power outages are frequent. Winters are cold, but that is why Arizona was created -- for people like us to escape the snow.

Latest resources

Back