• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Do you read contracts?

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
I was told space negation (with lines) where anything can be added after signing is also a good thing to do.

Eight rvs never had an issue. In general when you buy a better brand from a better dealer its generally not an issue. Dealers are not responsible for the factory warranty, the manufacturer is. Seems like just another one of these youtubers making something bigger then it really is.
On another note, a friend sued an auto manufacturer and won a half billion. He was probably the biggest lemon law, auto contract attorney there was. He was so good the manufacturers asked him to write their contracts.

I will say not many read contracts. Read one I had to sign yesterday and saw that the realtor had me paying closing costs that are typically seller responsibility. Not going to happen. Always read

It is a lawyer talking about the law, and how your dream toy carries with it a contract so devious it negates all your remedies you thought you had in a court of law! It's not produced by a gear head, with brand predjudus, as I suspected when I started the video!!!
Actually, Steve Lehto IS a "gearhead". He also happens to be a legal counselor in the automotive field of tort law, as a plaintiff's attorney, in Michigan. (For those of you that don't know.) It might be a good thing for some of you to check out his Youtube channel. He does touch on many other legal subjects, and not all in his home state.

Just a bit of conversation.....Roger

For the rest of you! This video is not about brand, it is about what is likely in the contract you have or will sign to purchase an RV of any make from any dealer or manufacturer!!!

It is a lawyer talking about the law, and how your dream toy carries with it a contract so devious it negates all your remedies you thought you had in a court of law! It's not produced by a gear head, with brand predjudus, as I suspected when I started the video!!!

Honestly, I have no idea if you can purchase an RV without forfeiting your rights to justice if you have problems.

You can take the position of bigblock, or you can learn about the dark side of the RV, and other industries in general, contract policies, so you won't be hung out to dry with no recourse in the legal system!!!

Once again, have a wonderful day!!!
So I'm good because I bought a used RV from a private seller?

My thoughts after watching the video:

So it seems like there's still some kind of warranty from the manufacturer but the trick is finding a shop willing to do warranty work that may or may not be a Camping World or FCA dealership.

I'm curious why all lawsuits have to be filed in Indiana. Just because most RVs are built there so, presumably most manufacturers have their offices there? Or is it harder to get a lemon law claim in that state?

I'm also curious what kind of contract one might have to sign to buy an RV in Canada. Is it even possible for a foreigner to file a lawsuit in the US?

My thoughts are that the original owner signed away future owners rights, as your contract is not with the companies involved. But I'm not a lier so you would need to contact one of them. .

Because the contract signed said, and the buyer agreed, that is where any arbitration would take place!

I would guess that if the seller that sold an RV knowing he was selling a lemon, and who found he had given his rights to justice away, could be sued wherever you wanted to sue him/her!🤔

But I speculate, and can't give any legal advice, because I lack the education to do so!!!

This still seems to me boiling down to not buying something that's likely to have problems. That's the trick and it's going to be more difficult for some than others. There's no shortage of manufacturers that will sell you crap, some don't even know (or care) they're selling crap. Due diligence is key and the internet is a very valuable tool we didn't have many years ago. Research is easy, you just have to know what you're looking for.

I was shocked when I watched this! In the spirit of love I thought I would pass it on!

I don't want anyone answering this, it might be embarrassing, or bogus, I have no idea because I have no contract to reference. Anyhow enjoy your day!!!

Having worked in the Automotive new car dealer world I can tell you that I never saw a defective/lemon case against the fanchise dealer that sold the car. These cases are always against the manufacturer. I have to feel that the fact that this RV has been at the dealer for nearly two years indicates that there is more to the story. The manufacture still has an obligation to perform in good faith warranty repairs. As far as CamperWorld, I would never do business with them. A real dealer would be trying to be part of the solution protecting their industry and community reputation. And most of all taking care of their customer. And earning their future repeat business .

Having worked in the Automotive new car dealer world I can tell you that I never saw a defective/lemon case against the fanchise dealer that sold the car. These cases are always against the manufacturer. I have to feel that the fact that this RV has been at the dealer for nearly two years indicates that there is more to the story. The manufacture still has an obligation to perform in good faith warranty repairs. As far as CamperWorld, I would never do business with them. A real dealer would be trying to be part of the solution protecting their industry and community reputation. And most of all taking care of their customer. And earning their future repeat business .
It is without question that manufactures of quality rigs desire to stay in business! Newmar is one such company! It can be said although there are bad apples, there are also equally good companies! even though their contract may give a loophole, they wouldn't think of giving the customer full treatment, it's just not in the hearts of most people!

All that said, the warning " Buyer be ware" is solid advice! Read your contracts before you sign!

It is without question that manufactures of quality rigs desire to stay in business! Newmar is one such company! It can be said although there are bad apples, there are also equally good companies! even though their contract may give a loophole, they wouldn't think of giving the customer full treatment, it's just not in the hearts of most people!

All that said, the warning " Buyer be ware" is solid advice! Read your contracts before you sign!
What I’m saying is in the above video he spends a lot of time talking about how CW gets you to acknowledge that they are not responsible for the vehicle warranty, this is true of almost any product you purchase. Cars, boats, couches, dishwashers etc. the warranty is trough the manufacturer. I totally agree that choosing the right dealer and the right manufacturer is the key.

Latest resources

Back