RV Make
Alpinelite
RV Length
26'
TOW/TOAD
2016 Ram 1500
Fulltimer
Yes
I was shocked when I watched this! In the spirit of love I thought I would pass it on!

I don't want anyone answering this, it might be embarrassing, or bogus, I have no idea because I have no contract to reference. Anyhow enjoy your day!!!

We were only RVing since around 2011 (just gave up full timing 10/2023). In some circles I would be considered a newby. However, I learned very quickly that RVs are not generally built to the same standards as either automobiles or sticknbrick homes, and most RV techs have zero training.

If you can't do most of the work on your own RV then you probably will not enjoy your camping/traveling experience IMHO. It was a happy day recently when we sold our final RV.

Wow, I knew the dice were loaded, but not to that degree. Good video, Kevin.

Didn't watch the whole video, only the first two minutes. When I saw it was against FCA and a 2022 Thor Tellaro, I already know the problem. Take an acceptable powertrain for a minivan (worse with the newer 9 speed vs. the proven 6 speed transmission) then throw it in a full sized van and problems will ensue. Add another 1.5-2T onto an already overstressed platform and problems are guaranteed!

Didn't watch the whole video, only the first two minutes. When I saw it was against FCA and a 2022 Thor Tellaro, I already know the problem. Take an acceptable powertrain for a minivan (worse with the newer 9 speed vs. the proven 6 speed transmission) then throw it in a full sized van and problems will ensue. Add another 1.5-2T onto an already overstressed platform and problems are guaranteed!
Well then, a new light! Do you read contracts the way you watch videos? If so suffer the consequences!!!

I buy virtually nothing requiring a contract. The plethora of healthcare crap I (and I assume many others have shoved in front of them electronically or otherwise) I never read for the sake of plausible deniability.

FWIW, curiousity got the best of me and I watched another few minutes where it was noted the engine failed. I knew it was going to be the engine or transmission but had my bets on the transmission.

I buy virtually nothing requiring a contract. The plethora of healthcare crap I (and I assume many others have shoved in front of them electronically or otherwise) I never read for the sake of plausible deniability.

FWIW, curiousity got the best of me and I watched another few minutes where it was noted the engine failed. I knew it was going to be the engine or transmission but had my bets on the transmission.
For the rest of you! This video is not about brand, it is about what is likely in the contract you have or will sign to purchase an RV of any make from any dealer or manufacturer!!!

It is a lawyer talking about the law, and how your dream toy carries with it a contract so devious it negates all your remedies you thought you had in a court of law! It's not produced by a gear head, with brand predjudus, as I suspected when I started the video!!!

Honestly, I have no idea if you can purchase an RV without forfeiting your rights to justice if you have problems.

You can take the position of bigblock, or you can learn about the dark side of the RV, and other industries in general, contract policies, so you won't be hung out to dry with no recourse in the legal system!!!

Once again, have a wonderful day!!!

I’ve never had a contract on any RV I’ve bought but then I’ve never financed one either (I’ll watch the video to see what its all bout next). I always shoot the seller an “as-is” price based on my experience and knowlege and tell them I mean “as is”. If they accept my offer I drive it away and they never see me again. It’s always worked out well for me.

I was a bit shocked when I bought my current rig that way from La Mesa in Tuscon and then they proceeded to spend eight hours performing a full maintenance and cleaning front to back on it including installing new house batteries, but I guess thats how they roll. Works for me. Now I’ll watch the video.

Looks lke a good reason not to buy from Camping World, but we already knew that.

I haver always assumed that "warranties" are worthless. I base that on a 1984 Ford Ranger (first new vehicle I ever bought) that spent far too much time getting the electronic engine control module replaced. The last time, the mechanic (a different one) said the module was installed backwards.

The last "contract" I was told to "just sign" was a Quit Claim Deed, that if I had signed it, would have given up mine and my two daughters claim to property (worth about $300,000). My mother had put her property into the names of her 3 children (Me, my older sister and adopted sister) and her two grand children (my kids). My mother is still alive. When she dies, the deed passes to us. My adopted sister (biologically my older sister's daughter) is supposed to get my older sister's share. We verbally agreed to that. Meanwhile my surviving sister decided to pull a fast one and have her lawyer write up a paper that I was to sign (my daughters did not get one for them to sign). From what I read, if I sign it, My adopted sister becomes the sole owner of the property. I sent it to a lawyer. I have to go see the lawyer on Friday. I'm not signing the paper. I'm pretty sure I read it right. I've used Quit Claim deeds many times. I know how they are used. I know what they mean. Once signed, it's a done deal. I no longer trust anyone. This is really going to piss off my sister (who's now panicking) and my mother (who thinks I'm "bad" and money-grubbing and my sisters both are the "good" ones... the older one was in prison and on drugs, the adopted one lies constantly... the apple didn't fall far from the tree).

Never sign a contract without reading and understanding what you have read. Even if you have to take it to a lawyer to explain it to you. If something requires a notarized signature, then make sure you understand what you are signing and if there is a "mistake" in the document, DON'T SIGN IT.

Latest resources

Back