RV Length
Chassis
Freightliner
Engine
ISL 450
TOW/TOAD
2023 Winnebago ERA 70A or 2012 Ford Taurus
Long story with miraculous ending.

Stopped at a rest area along I-70 in PA. One of our dogs got away from us and decided to go play in traffic. As I type this (I’ve been up for 3 hr unable to sleep because of this) I do not know how he survived. I thought I was going to witness my precious boy get destroyed in front of my eyes.

To jump to the end of this horrific episode, I was able to retrieve him with the assistance of a wonderful trucker who saw what was going on. I am grateful beyond words.

Many lessons learned from this. That will not happen again. Ever.

I think this occurred so that I would forget about my first-ever need for a mobile mechanic on this trip. It worked.

Hug the daylights out of your traveling companions today please.

What a terrible experience for all concerned. And thank God that it turned out like it did. I'll pass on making reference to history that I lived and suffice to say that I know how you feel and I'm so glad that this didn't go as badly as it could have.

Jim

I'm glad you got another chance. Many of us have been there, done that, got second (and third) chances. I don't want to relive mine, just know I've been through it as many have and learned from it. These little critters can get away from us in a heartbeat and we always have to be one step ahead to protect them. Glad you got a happy ending to your saga. Time for treats for all, hooman and pups.

If I have a soft spot, it’s for dogs. The one on the left is the one that’s getting extra everything today.
968644F3-22F1-4184-9157-07CCE794E225.jpeg

They are beautiful, we would have had a heart attack.

Beautiful pups. I know the feeling, I'm attached in unhealthy ways to my dogs.

Those are, indeed, beautiful dogs! Shelties?

We are so thankful that this episode ended well for all of you. Even though our two Schnauzers are small and probably easier to handle on a leash, I am always mindful when we exit the coach anywhere near traffic that they are dogs and can do unpredictable things.

Very glad this turned our well.

TJ

My worst nightmare anywhere I'm at with my two cattle dogs.

My sister-in-law had owned and trained Shelties for agility competitions for many years until her passing a couple years back. She had achieved something of a national reputation as a dog trainer in both the obedience and agility disciplines. The Shelties are certainly wonderful dogs and, very smart. (y)

TJ

Latest resources

Back