LErlinger

RVF Supporter
RV Year
RV Make
Newmar
RV Model
Dutchstar 4081
RV Length
Does anyone know how to use the Dog mode? I have a Newmar 2022 Dutchstar. I believe the generator is supposed to automatically come on if the power goes out to protect your dog. I can not figure out how to make this work. Please help. I watched a ton of inverter Magnum energy videos, read the manual front to back twice, and see nothing about this mode.

Ha. Never heard it called dog mode, but I figure you are talking about Auto generator start (AGS). You need the AGS module to have the generator start automatically when the power fails. I am assuming you would want it to run for the air conditioner to run…

I attached the manual I had to help. Not if it has changed since, but it should be similar.

Hope this helps.
Rich

Attachments

• 64-0005-ME-AGS.pdf
    274.6 KB · Views: 17
The AGS control is in the KIB panel above your drivers seat. You can activate it for both HVAC and for battery level. Directions are in your owners manual.

Here is a link to a Newgle article on the KIB AGS control
KIB AGS

I had to look just to see what "dog mode" was.

Ha. Never heard it called dog mode, but I figure you are talking about Auto generator start (AGS). You need the AGS module to have the generator start automatically when the power fails. I am assuming you would want it to run for the air conditioner to run…

I attached the manual I had to help. Not if it has changed since, but it should be similar.

Hope this helps.
Rich
Richpatty,

I can not thank you enough! I have been spending hours trying to make this work. Your manual was soooooo helpful. I did not get this manual with my 2022 Dutchstar.

You are the BEST!
Lisa

Awesome! Glad I could help!

Take care.
Rich

Latest resources

Back