Henry

RVF Regular
RV Year
RV Make
Lance
RV Model
2375 travel trailer
RV Length
Hello, We have a model 2375, year 2021 unit. The WH-6EGA water heater has sprung a leak. Clearly appears to be at the resting point for the tank on a thin walled petition opening. This point of contact seems by design harmful to the aluminum tank.
Has anyone experienced this failure? We’ve put a lot of miles on our Lance in a couple years.
Thank you in advance.
Henry

Attachments

• IMG_1359.jpeg
    IMG_1359.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 22
  • IMG_1360.jpeg
    IMG_1360.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 23
  • IMG_1362.jpeg
    IMG_1362.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 22
Does the water heater ever get turned on with an empty tank? This is very tough on the device and it overheats.

Rick

Is the leak the holding tank itself or one of the crimped water lines?
I haven’t pulled the tank assembly out yet. New replacement will be here this Friday. We’re on the road so I’ll hold up pulling it until the replacement arrives. It clearly appears to be from the tank or possibly one of the welded tube connections to the outside panel face. It’s a pretty severe leak.

It’s a free standing tank. Seems like this allows for the tank to flex from road jounce on the tubing connections to the face panel. Just doesn’t appear to be a stable platform for the tank. I’ll be making a larger more stable platform to include a strap tie down system.

Thank you for the reply.

Henry

Does the water heater ever get turned on with an empty tank? This is very tough on the device and it overheats.

Rick
We purchased new so to my knowledge this hasn’t happened. Is this something that can result in a leak?

Henry

It is rare that a tank leaks. I have seen bad welds on a Suburban steel tank, and I would be more inclined to think you have a leak at the cold inlet or hot outlet. It is not where the tank rests on the support. The aluminum is thicker then that.

It is rare that a tank leaks. I have seen bad welds on a Suburban steel tank, and I would be more inclined to think you have a leak at the cold inlet or hot outlet. It is not where the tank rests on the support. The aluminum is thicker then that.
The tank s currently isolated and drained. Definitely taking a closer look at the inlet outlet connections today. I’ll post what happens after testing for leaks.

Thank you all for the help.

Henry

The tank s currently isolated and drained. Definitely taking a closer look at the inlet outlet connections today. I’ll post what happens after testing for leaks.

Thank you all for the help.

Henry

After refilling and pressurizing the system the hot /cold connections are completely dry. It s clearly evident the leaking at the tank resting point at tge petition cut out. Hard to see in my picture but up close its easy to see water bubbles out on the insulation.

Attachments

• IMG_1364.jpeg
    IMG_1364.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 11
Looks like you ordered one...I happen to have one that's almost brand new (owner replaced for "on demand" system). If you are near the Central Coast of California (long shot I know 😉) I would sell it to you for a very good price. Otherwise, best of travels friend. Blessings

Latest resources

Back