• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

MiniVistaCruiserJack

RVF Regular
Greetings everyone,
I didn’t know it’s a bad idea to operate a gas/electric rv fridge on an unlevel surface. I did exactly that and now the fridge on our 2009 vista cruiser doesn’t work. I have sinced used wooden boards to level the rv. Fridge still doesn’t work. Anything else I can do before I call for a service repair?

Attachments

• IMG_6962.jpeg
    IMG_6962.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 3
I suppose you could try disconnecting it completely from all power sources, both 120 ac and 12vdc, and let it "rest" for 5 minutes or more. It might reset the system, but I wouldn't hold my breath. At the very least that will only cost a little effort before you call in the tech support.

Roger

Adjust the temp setting for the fridge. The freezer cools first then the fridge, I believe. Sometimes moving to the coldest setting doesn’t work. Start about 1/2 way and adjust from there.

Are you stationary? If you have not moved after this all started the system may just need burped. Drive around for awhile.

So disconnecting the main 12 volt coach battery and making sure no ac power is connected, that should disconnect the fridge unit from any power supply and hopefully reset the system right?

So disconnecting the main 12 volt coach battery and making sure no ac power is connected, that should disconnect the fridge unit from any power supply and hopefully reset the system right?
On some control boards you short some terminals to reset! Don't ask for more information, I don't have it.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back