43'
Chassis
Freightliner
Engine
Cummins 450HP
TOW/TOAD
2022 Jeep Unlimited Sport S w/ Air Force One and Blue Ox
Having issues with my dometic toilet.

Mid coach one wasn’t working, panel was acting up flashing lights randomly and doing nothing. Found the control board fried and wet, not sure how it got wet yet though it’s in the tank bay and was just sitting there on top of the fresh water tank. Looking to replace it and I think I found the replacement part.

IMG_9772.jpeg

Now I’m troubleshooting the rear bathroom one. I think this one is a sensor failure or dirty sensor but want to check the board too. Anyone know where it’s located? Also how can I clean the sensor and is there a way to force a flush regardless?

Thanks for any help

Going to call Newmar since I haven't found anything yet. The only thing I found online doesn't align for my coach since I have that split rear with the bunk room on one side and the bathroom on the other it's not your typical layout. For those that have a more standard full width bathroom in the rear you should have a panel on a wall that can pop off. This should have your dometic toilet controller there.

Going to call Newmar since I haven't found anything yet. The only thing I found online doesn't align for my coach since I have that split rear with the bunk room on one side and the bathroom on the other it's not your typical layout. For those that have a more standard full width bathroom in the rear you should have a panel on a wall that can pop off. This should have your dometic toilet controller there.
In my 2014 Essex, the module for the rear toilet is in the rear closet, on the passenger side, under the floor. Mine has a compartment in the floor. The module is in there. There is a “cube” pigtail extending from it. Use a paper clip and put one end in the white opening, the other end in the black. This should flush the toilet. Same for the mid toilet. This came from Dometic. I had to use this info when both keypads went out.
I would call Dometic. They were very informative, much more than Newmar.
Richard

Thanks @Magua. I have a weird layout and don't have typical closet etc in the rear due to a rear bunk room layout. I just got off with Newmar and they don't even know where the module is on my coach. They tried telling me things that were totally inaccurate for my DSDP layout, things like my shower pan being raised and it being under there, etc. All totally wrong and inaccurate. I'm basically left on my own to try to locate it and while they said it's normally within 6 feet of the toilet, it's not always true so I guess I need to take that with a grain of salt. Then for the replacement module they wouldn't give me any part number but theirs (thankfully I had already found the part number) so I would have been stuck paying the 2X price they charge for it. Overall pretty disappointed on that one with Newmar service.

Regarding the part I did talk to a great tech at Ardemco who said that while he could get me that part it would be a special order but that he had the other module (one that has flow control) that was totally interchangeable. He even offered me the number and name of someone at Dometic if I wanted to verify his info. Totally top notch service and while the part was a bit more from there I placed the order as he went above and beyond trying to help me.

Don't know if you have looked there, but I was able to locate a surprising amount of info on my specific coach (2009) on newgle. You will need to set up an account, and can search their parts catalog with your serial number. You might get lucky and find some wiring diagrams that could give you a clue to the whereabouts of the module. My previous bath and a half Newmar model had a module in same area as you above the water tank, and the other one was on the wall of one of the storage bays. Agree with previous post dometic should be able to give you how to on force a flush once you find the controller. Sorry your having a time with those things, great when they work, a royal pain when they dont!

Don't know if you have looked there, but I was able to locate a surprising amount of info on my specific coach (2009) on newgle. You will need to set up an account, and can search their parts catalog with your serial number. You might get lucky and find some wiring diagrams that could give you a clue to the whereabouts of the module. My previous bath and a half Newmar model had a module in same area as you above the water tank, and the other one was on the wall of one of the storage bays. Agree with previous post dometic should be able to give you how to on force a flush once you find the controller. Sorry your having a time with those things, great when they work, a royal pain when they dont!

Yeah I already have a Newgle account. Checked there and checked directly with Newmar. No luck. It blows my mind that they don't know or have wiring diagrams for all floorplans.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back