Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
From the first link...
"You’re going to a link outside Facebook
The link you tried to go to is outside Facebook: Jeep Wrangler Engine Annihilated After Being Towed In 4-Low, Revving To Over 50,000 RPM | Carscoops

Are you sure you want to follow this link?"

The second link works, as well as offering the option to avoid FB.
My link seems to have ruffled some feathers. I am far from a computer expert but thought the information should be shared with our fellow RV'ers. I am not a big fan of FB but find it helpful in keeping up with friends and relatives around the world.

I updated the OP with the link to use to avoid Facebook. All is good...just making it easier to get to the article the OP wanted to share. Thanks @sanda

I've seen this story a few times over the last several months.

My link seems to have ruffled some feathers. I am far from a computer expert but thought the information should be shared with our fellow RV'ers. I am not a big fan of FB but find it helpful in keeping up with friends and relatives around the world.
My laptop's browser security freaks out over redirects. So I try to do direct links. I actually had to use my cellphone to check out the link (less security). I'm sure I'm far from the only one with a picky browser security. Also, I'm often in FB jail (still don't know why since all I do is repost what is already on FB). Again, I'm sure I'm not the only one. That is why I posted what I did.

My laptop's browser security freaks out over redirects. So I try to do direct links. I actually had to use my cellphone to check out the link (less security). I'm sure I'm far from the only one with a picky browser security. Also, I'm often in FB jail (still don't know why since all I do is repost what is already on FB). Again, I'm sure I'm not the only one. That is why I posted what I did.
I also end up in fb jail from time to time. Maybe I'll see you there sometime.

Not a single feather ruffled here, nor any others that I can see. I've just chosen not to be a part of Facebook and therefore many links to stuff on there flat just don't work for me. For folks that are Facebook regulars it is not obvious that this issues exists for others. Neal kindly demonstrated a way to provide a link that will work for non-Facebook members too. Why that way isn't the simple default for such stuff is a good question.

I have a typed check list for towing our GC and it's kept in our drivers visor for easy reach. One step is to put it in reverse after putting the transfer case in neutral (to insure it's actually in neutral). Still use it so I don't screw up.

As part of my check list, after I’m all hooked up, as a last step in the process I get in the jeep and start it up, and let out the clutch with it in gear to confirm without any doubt that the transfer case is in neutral. No exceptions.
Exactly! I do this exact routine with 2 of my 3 Jeeps (TJ & JK). With the Trailhawk, DW stands beside it to confirm the wheels roll after the light check.

We had a neighbor the other day who departed the RV park about 8 PM towing a Yukon or Suburban...... they must have been in a hurry. The next morning while walking the dog, I followed the trail to an unhappy ending. There was a puddle of what looked like transmission fluid about 1500 meters from the campsite.

Attachments

• Skids.JPG
    Skids.JPG
    517.2 KB · Views: 5
Exactly why I love my Hyundai Elantra Sport to tow.

Manual transmission in neutral, emergency brake off, stay and play braking switch on, go (after verifying all the lights etc). Wife double checks the first three before we do the lights and lock the car.

Latest resources

Back