Chassis
Single Axle
Engine
n/a
TOW/TOAD
2019 Jeep Wrangler JLU
Fulltimer
No
I purchased a pair of Wheel Masters Eagle Vision Universal Extendable Towing Mirrors, so I could pull our travel trailer and have a decent view of what’s going on around us while in traffic. The mirrors are reasonably well-made, but at highway speeds the straps oscillate with some fervency. No matter how tight one seems to secure the straps, you can still lift the rubber-coated pads off of the door about half-an-inch. Thus what seems to occur is that airflow goes between the straps and the surface of the door, setting up an oscillation of such that can be quite noisy.

IMG_8977.jpeg

Today I discovered a fix, which was to pull the center bracket off of the door and wedge a piece of (what I think is) dense polystyrene foam in between it and the door. Ahh, blissful silence while in tow up to 70 mph.

They might be oscillating at a certain speed to let you know you need to slow down. Towing anything with a jeep motivated by FIAT's minivan engine at greater than 60mph sounds like a good way to test your liability insurance.

Found out a long time ago, putting a twist in the strap will sometimes stop the harmony.

Wondering about the dimples your putting in the door panels?

Latest resources

Back