Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

shug23

RVF Regular
for winterizing, I opened the three drains under the 5th wheel including the 'red' line drain. Isn't this draining the hot water tank (sufficiently) for winterization purposes ? or is it necessary to pill out the anode rod and drain the tank that way ?

I have heard, the best way is directly at the tank , to avoid sediment from plugging the line to the low point drains.

so having drained it when I left my last site using the low point drain, I suppose no point now opening up the tank directly.....(?)

I generally use what would be the anode rod opening on yours to stick one of those thin hose attachments in and rinse out any sediment in the tank.This should be done with low point drain closed and prior to opening the low point drain. Some just fit the anode ro back in loosely for storage, rather than tight. Some leave it off altogether, to help dry out the inside of the tank. I prefer leaving the plug loose to keep insects out.

Camco 11691 Water Heater Tank Rinser | Cleanses and Removes Sediment from the Bottom of RV Water Heater | Extends Life of RV Water Heater

Latest resources

Back