Chassis
Spartan K3
Engine
Cummins ISX12 (500HP)
TOW/TOAD
2023 Jeep GC Summit Reserve
Fulltimer
Yes
I woke up yesterday morning and the driver’s side LR/Kitchen awning wouldn’t retract. I could hear the relay clicking in the wall above the dinette seat, but that was it.

In case anyone has a similar problem, there is a shallow 3 gang electrical box behind the cabinet above the dinette seat. This location corresponds with the location of the rear of the awning. I suspect the location is different based on the floorpan, but I would expect it to still be located in the wall at the rear of the awning.

The board at the rear of the cabinet is only held in place by friction, so it was pretty easy to remove it and then the electrical box cover to access the relays. In my case, there was a wire that came off of the relay. There was only one unused terminal on the relays, so it was pretty easy to determine where it belonged.

Here are a few pictures.

IMG_6102.jpg

IMG_6104.jpg

Thanks, I don’t understand why Newmar let’s so many relays just hang with out securing them. No wonder wires fall off.

Also, the clamps in the box that act as strain reliefs were not tightened down. The wiring is consistent to what you find elsewhere, such as behind the pegboard.

Glad you were able to fix “relatively“ easy

Latest resources

Back