• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Drones

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Great job...scary with all those trees! Mine does not have any sensors to avoid objects.

Great job...scary with all those trees! Mine does not have any sensors to avoid objects.
I was thinking the same thing. Was kind of waiting for the whacka-whacka-whacka and image blackout, but was pleased it didn't happen. Good job, @Jim.

TJ

A good drone can catch all kinds of memorable moments. We have cool video of our outdoor parties, Jeep get togethers, dogs playing in the field, and river crossing adventures. And the neat part is you don't have to be real good at it to turn out wonderful memories!

Here is a short video of the colors in our backyard as fall was approaching this year. Not much drone flying but lots of pretty colors to remember.

Fall Colors at Deer Springs

That's one beautiful view from your back yard

That's one beautiful view from your back yard
Thank you! We have 50 rural acres, surrounded by thousands of acres of government forest land. So basically, we're all alone out here. Us and nature anyway. But that's fine with us. When we need some civilization we fire up the DP and take off. :)

About a month into my drone escapade, we camped at Shoal Creek Campground in Buford, GA. Early one foggy morning I grabbed my drone and went out to watch the deer. There are literally hundreds of deer walking around the campsites. They've gotten quite tame given the close proximity to humans. Anyhow, while I was out I walked down to the lake and did my first-ever flight over water. (yes, I had gotten prior approval the day before!)

I was scared big-time, but things went well and another milestone was achieved.

Foggy Video Here

Last edited:
Jim, I clicked your link and it took me to google drive where permission is required. Consider uploading it to YouTube then keep it private if you want and reply with the link to your video.

Jim, I clicked your link and it took me to google drive where permission is required. Consider uploading it to YouTube then keep it private if you want and reply with the link to your video.
Sorry about that Neal. Try it now... The reason I don't use youtube is the compression really kills my 4K videos.

Worked for me. It always amazes me how many beautiful places are so close to big cities. I fly a lot for work and have spend the past year and a half flying from Chicago to Las Vegas every other week. Lots of time to look out the plane windows. I have a number of RV routes already planned out just by what I have seen overhead. These drone videos just add to the number of places on my visit list.

Sorry about that Neal. Try it now... The reason I don't use youtube is the compression really kills my 4K videos.

Works now with no permission prompt. YouTube should be able to handle the 4K fine. Some great 4K videos on that site.

Latest resources

Back