Dryer Vent Flap Cover

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
I like this approach!

And, where in the world is @ARD these days?

TJ
Awesome. Can't hurt to try. I thought of some kind of mesh like Neal, but didn't think of the overheating. ? Will order part and find a tech when I get to AZ. I am uncertain how they put the vent in there. Maybe once the cover is off, you can unscrew black plastic part or something?? Guess we shall see.

I'm in Sherrills Ford, NC visiting family. Leave here January 7th for Pensacola, FL for a couple of days and then I work myself to Arizona! Sure hope it's warmer there. This past week has been cold. We had lows of 18. Of course the weather is warming up now that I'm getting ready to go. LOL

Sherrills Ford? You are only about 60 miles away from us, We are southeast of Charlotte. And yes, its been pretty cold.

Take care.

Rene, I removed and reinstalled the vent cover.
First I masked around the vent with duct tape to protect the paint.
Than went around carefully with a razor blade cutting the silicone caulk around.
After that popped it out with a screw driver.
94EA07B7-A923-46A1-AC95-DDA26F6D57F4.jpeg
7D648A53-1543-4D0D-85BA-2895BC97C920.jpeg

I see the same tabs on the bottom of mine so it seems it just pops off??

Sherrills Ford? You are only about 60 miles away from us, We are southeast of Charlotte. And yes, its been pretty cold.

Take care.
Hope ya'll are doing well! ? Supposed to warm up and rain. Yay.?

Rene, I removed and reinstalled the vent cover.
First I masked around the vent with duct tape to protect the paint.
Than went around carefully with a razor blade cutting the silicone caulk around.
After that popped it out with a screw driver.View attachment 4735View attachment 4736
Thank you so much @Buly! That is really helpful.

@Buly does this seem look like the right part number. It looks a little odd to me. My dryer vent looks like yours with the slanted, plasticky piece. Oh wait, the part below is showing the back rather than front, right?
D774E4D8-1374-40C6-89FF-09A9CC610018.jpeg

The left piece with the cylinder goes in and the hose connects to it. So you're looking at the back side of it.

The left piece with the cylinder goes in and the hose connects to it. So you're looking at the back side of it.
I'm so slow and you are fast. I was editing post as I realized that. Thanks Meester Neal.

Latest resources

Back