Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

Question DS Headlight High/Low Beams Switched?

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
FYI, the LED replacements have nothing to do with my complaint and, in fact, the issue was addressed by Newmar prior to me installing them. They are merely a Band-Aid.

Again, my inquiry was to how many, of any, have the same odd operation of the high/low and flash to pass.

The aim and output issues are mechanical and a separate issue.

Remember...of Newmar deems an issue is related to chassis, they will push you off to FL or Spartan. Case closed.

BTW...regarding headlight aiming and output...

If you’re smart, you’ll create a document trail, along with service records that the issue was addressed but could not be fixed. That pretty much exonerates you from making other efforts to resolve or improve the problem.

Right or wrong, I have found the easiest solution to Newmar's crappy headlights, is to leave them stock, re-adjust the stock lights down slightly and run with your brights on. One out of a thousand will think there too bright.

Right or wrong, I have found the easiest solution to Newmar's crappy headlights, is to leave them stock, re-adjust the stock lights down slightly and run with your brights on. One out of a thousand will think there too bright.
Bad advice and practice. Low beams are for the oncoming driver. My RAM has halogen headlights. I always get flashed by oncoming drivers. It is not just uncomfortable for those drivers it is unsafe for all to have bright lights. What ever happened to The HP, when I was a kid I got pulled over for not dimming.

This is an old thread, but I thought I’d add my $.02 as it’s a slow morning and I have nothing better to do at the moment.

I believe the issue is that Newmar and others use headlight fixtures designed for automobiles. When you take that same headlight and mount it a couple of feet higher than the vehicle it was designed for, the beams are going to go off in odd directions.

Even on my dinosaur with updated LEDs, the high beam ends up searching the heavens and results in a net loss of visibility. As a result, I only use the highs when I accidentally hit the turn signal stalk.

Light is light, and it's all about the quality and how you aim it. If you want to be the headlight police go down to I 40 or I 80 and go to work on all these after-market headlights that are installed incorrectly.

Latest resources

Back