• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Dual Victron Quattro or Multiplus 3KVA inverter/chargers

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
OSU, I understand the balancing process. I understand you have two 2400 watt legs of 120v. I know my panel is pretty well balanced. One Ac on either side of the panel. Both units pull about 1300 watts each when they are working. I think most 40' Dutch Stars and Ventanas are equipped about like my 4018 is. Again I reached out to Neal and Joe Hogan and anyone else with the similar setup about how they do things differently when they are boondocking on straight battery/solar power. We all have 50 amp service (12000 watts x 80%= 9600 watts) an 8 or 10K generator for 6400 or 8000 watts. The Multiplus and the Quattro both are rated at 2400 watts continuous. It just looks like there will be some give and take operating on the inverters. Neal explained it for me pretty well.

Does anyone know for sure if it is true that a lithium battery installation can void your insurance policy? They love to dump their responsibility so I kinda’ believe it might be true…

(I use to have a class a with 400ah lithium system and I put the stock lead acid system back in it when I sold the rv.)

I don't know the answer but this is one reason I chose a company to do the install vs. self. If you have a fire from something you change/install I think you may have a problem. If a company such as SES does the work, it may be different.

Going from the 3k to 5k, these would be my considerations:
- Cost difference
- Space difference
- Other changes needed (upscale wiring)
- Increased wattage draw when idle

Quattro vs Multiplus
- Would I need other items to keep safety, anti islanding relay, etc
- would I need the extra input of the Quattro if the coach already had an auto transfer switch for gen/shore power
- I don’t recall which, but I believe one of them had a more flexible ability to allow multiple sources simultaneously (solar and battery and shore/gen)

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back