• Commercial/Vendors welcome

E-Bike update?

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
They really are nice and well designed - quite advanced over the typical e-bike. But one of those would create a security problem - you’d always be worried about it, and being on the road wouldn't do much for that lovey finish. So I guess not practical for the RV world - you’d really have to store it inside. But Ive been coveting them for about six months since I first heard of them.
Yes, it’s easy to forget until it happens. All the neat stuff we worked hard to get, there is some dirt bag that’s working hard to take it.

I just asked this question on an an older thread. Don’t think anyone is reading. I need the lightest serviceable e-bike I can buy. Price is not primary objective but, a consideration. I can not lift 65 lb bike upon rack. Looking at spec’s on Lectric XL base unit not 2.0. Weight list at 46 lb w/battery, battery 7 lb. I think I can handle 39 lb. The reviews are mostly on the 2.0 model that are all positive however it’s 65+ lb. Does anyone have experience with this base model or maybe something similar? All reply’s appreciated.

We just purchased the Lectric XP Lite that weighs 46lbs just for the same reason. We find these bikes perfect for us with our Tiffin Wayfayer. We can mount on our hitch Tule bike rack or we can fold it up and put in Rv. For the price and quality I believe you will truly enjoy the flexibility and weight. Compare the two on YouTube! Good luck

We purchased an Lectric XL Lite a few weeks ago for wife, she loves it. Plenty of power and speed 18-20 mph. I think I have this right, it does not have multiple gears, only one gear with 5 power selections for pedal assist or throttle only control. She just selects power 1 starts peddling, if the grade is too steep she just gives it a little throttle to help up the hill. So far power 1 is all she has needed so far, it will get her up to 16-18 mph on flat land. Super little bike, only 39 lb with battery out. The company is great to deal with. After using for a few days the battery power indicator dropped to 3 bars. When I tried to charge it, it would not charge. The charge port was damaged, I called tech support, explained the problem, the next day they sent a new battery. New battery works fine and takes a full charge. This bike is just what we needed for our little motor home.

Thanks for the report on the Lectric XL Lite, 10thtp. I’ve been looking at that bike for a couple months trying to decide whether to pull the trigger on it. Please post updates, when appropriate.

And thanks to you, Inerstate, on the info on the dirt bike carrier from Harbor Freight. My wife has an electric Trike, and I’ve been looking for something with a ramp. It’s a chore to lift that up onto my Hollywood rack.
My best to you both, Ed

Thanks for the report on the Lectric XL Lite, 10thtp. I’ve been looking at that bike for a couple months trying to decide whether to pull the trigger on it. Please post updates, when appropriate.

And thanks to you, Inerstate, on the info on the dirt bike carrier from Harbor Freight. My wife has an electric Trike, and I’ve been looking for something with a ramp. It’s a chore to lift that up onto my Hollywood rack.
My best to you both, Ed
Ed
If you’ve looked and considering the Lectric XL Lite, I think you can pull the trigger and not be disappointed. This is a very solid built little machine. It folds to a really neat little package that can almost get lost in a big rig storage bay (big “almost”). I would have already bought another one for myself if I could physically safely ride a bike. FYI a 65-69” cover fits perfect.
Terry

Latest resources

Back