Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Calloway Camping

RVF Newbee
Hi, just joined & already have a question. 2003 Monaco LaPalma hooked to house electric with surge protector. AC keeps going on/off. Thoughts on this problem?

20, 30 or 50 amp?

Too thin of a wire in your extension cord or too long which causes voltage drops. Weak circuit breaker. Or maybe an AC compressor motor that is getting old - takes too many amps to spin up.

Or a little of all three combined.

Rick

Hi, just joined & already have a question. 2003 Monaco LaPalma hooked to house electric with surge protector. AC keeps going on/off. Thoughts on this problem?
I can only speak to how my coach works but when you plug in to 110 you need to also configure your coach systems to the proper AMP settings such as on your charger, power system, etc. I have to go into my system and tell it I'm plugged into a 15A source and I also change my charger to a lower amp setting. Otherwise it may try to pull more and trip a breaker. You do need, as mentioned above, the proper sized extension cord and if you're plugged into a GFI it may be a problem but unlikely.

1. If you have a propane electric fridge manually change it to propane.

2. If you have a propane electric water heater manually turn off the breaker or switch that feeds 120 to the water heater.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back