Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

deanocampbellini

RVF Newbee
Hey everyone, I am new to this site so I’m not really sure where to post this. Hopefully it’s landed in the right place. I own a 2019 conquest by golf stream 301TB. This whole season I have not been able to use my slide out, my awning or my tongue Jack without first plugging into an outside source (truck, outlet or generator). Last week I was running off the generator and everything worked fine. Overnight it ran out of gas and obviously went to battery. But when the pump tried to activate while on battery, it caused everything else to short. When put back on generator everything worked fine again. When I turned off the pump, everything worked fine as well (except for the three items mentioned above). I went so far as to disconnect the wires on the pump and turned everything on and there was no issue. But the pump is working fine with the generator so it leads me to believe it is a wiring issue of some kind. I’m somewhat handy and have done electrical work in the past, but I fear this is beyond my capabilities. I would love to see a wiring diagram for this model. Any advice would be greatly appreciated…

Sounds a lot like a weak battery. The converter has plenty of power to run things, but the battery doesn't. Have the battery load tested. Far as a wiring diagram, there isn't one that I know of for any of our trailers.

Thank you for your reply, but I actually thought the same thing and replaced the battery entirely. Unfortunately I have the same result, so I contacted someone that understands electricity a little better than myself and they load tested the battery. Apparently the battery is not the issue.

You will need a meter. Put it on the jack, as that should be close to the battery, and check if there is any power to it with no external power to the trailer. If there is power try to run the jack. If the power then goes low there is a bad connection between the jack and battery. If no power at the jack you have an open wire. The open could be a bad disconnect switch or an open fuse.

I had a similar situation with my fridge. I would get the lights on the fridge if connected to my truck, but would not work with the house battery. I found a loose connection on a fuse in the breaker panel.

Latest resources

Back