Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

DonCruser

RVF Newbee
Hoping someone might have some insight to an issue I am having. My coach is a 2020 Thor Magnitude BB35. I keep my coach inside my pole barn. I last used my coach at the end of June this year. Over the weekend, I went out to the barn to start the coach and the engine batteries were completely dead. Went to the back and found that my two coach batteries were also completely dead. These four batteries are all less than a year old. I tried charging the engine batteries and they won't charge. They are dead. I'm charging the coach batteries now. We will see. Has anyone had this happen? Any idea what could have zapped all four of my batteries? Could I have left something plugged that zapped them? This same thing happed to me last year and that's why I replaced all of my batteries. I just thought it was time for new ones. Now that it has happed again, something isn't right. Any help would be much appreciated!

There are many small draws the will bring batteries down if not charged over a long period. I had 6 6V 100 ah batteries and could not leave it for a week without draining the batteries. Residential refrigerator on, but nothing else.

Not sure why the engine battery went dead. They should be separated. Although I am told a car battery is only designed to hold a charge for about a month without being charged. You may need to keep the coach plugged in, or but the batteries on an external battery maintainer. You should be exercising the generator once a month anyhow. But if you are not maintaining the charge on the batteries the generator will have to run a long time to recharge them. If these are lead acid batteries, each time you drain them below 50% you shorten their usable life. Letting them go dead is very bad.

Even plugging in to a 20A outlet should keep the batteries charged. I never let the coach sit unplugged for more than a day or so. Even if my car is not going to be driven for more than a month it goes on a Battery Tender, to keep the battery fully charged.

Hoping someone might have some insight to an issue I am having. My coach is a 2020 Thor Magnitude BB35. I keep my coach inside my pole barn. I last used my coach at the end of June this year. Over the weekend, I went out to the barn to start the coach and the engine batteries were completely dead. Went to the back and found that my two coach batteries were also completely dead. These four batteries are all less than a year old.
I'm not familiar with how Thor configures power but back when we put our coach into storage, we just flipped two switches and walked away. This killed anything electric I believe. More than three months later we flipped them back on and had no issues. See pics of our switches (I think they are sometimes known as salesman switches).

Darrell

Attachments

• 01  01 01 Coach Power.JPG
    01 01 01 Coach Power.JPG
    925.9 KB · Views: 0
If your rig was plugged in, check the converter fuses. If it was not plugged in, the parasitic drain was obviously enough to kill the batteries.

Latest resources

Back