• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Electrical Panel Hums and is Hot

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Not hearing the fan working might be a cause for heat build up and indicator of impending converter/charger failure. When the converter/charger in our old motorhome died, I replaced it with one from Progressive Dynamics. PD9200-Converter - Progressive Dynamics

just noticed this on the Bestconverter.com website about Progressive Dynamics converters:

Please Read: We have been notified by Progressive Dynamics, Inc. that many PDI converter products are being sold by unauthorized dealers on Amazon and auction type sites without serial numbers and not packaged in the correct boxes. Progressive Dynamics will not support warranty claims from products purchased on Amazon, Ebay or other similar auction sites.

And this on the Progressive Dynamics site:

Are you purchasing a Progressive Dynamics product on the internet?Before you buy, ask the seller about their warranty procedures. Does the retailer provide a "working" customer service or service department phone number? Does the Progressive Dynamics product that you are buying have a valid serial number? Some online retailers are selling Progressive Dynamics' products without a valid serial number...DON'T BUY THEM! We must have a valid serial number for all warranty service work. A valid serial number allows your warranty service topics to be handled smoothly and with ease. Call 269-781-4241, extension 145; email us at [email protected] or write us:

Warranty Disclaimer
Progressive Dynamics, Inc.
507 Industrial Road
Marshall, MI 49068

Whoa. Thanks for that.
I’ll order straight from Progressive, or authorized dealer.

One more thing!!!
What is built in should be bypassed, not removed. It is built into the panel. You can mount the new at another location and wired in.

I bought one of these Boondocker Converters for my 2010 Phoenix Cruiser and was able to mount it in the same location as the old one - fairly simple swap. It was built to the same basic dimensions with that intention in mind.

Also if the fan doesn’t seem to be working dig into the unit and see if its just clogged up with dirt, dust, dog and/or cat hair or other detritus found on floors. I had a laptop over heating problem years ago that was caused by big wads of cat hair in the fans.

Latest resources

Back