• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Answered Electrical Readings while on Generator

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
To that end, I did copy the link to this thread to Precision Circuits.

edit: in my thank you to Danny I invited them to visit, participate and even sponsor.

Last edited:
Well I learned something new today, thanks?. I had not experienced this and hopefully can remember when I see this.

Yes. All the AC breakers in the half bath panel. I had 2 turned off that caused the error code you are asking about in your other thread.

All - Assuming residential refer, so if not ignore some of this. To turn off the Whirlpool refer at the unit, hold down both freezer and fridge temp controls at the same time for a few seconds, this turns off the unit, then no need to turn off breaker. FWIW: No genset power, no shore power, and if I turn off inverter, the microwave and refer will go off, so I turn refer off as above, so it's not shocked when loss of AC happens. Another person said about 30 seconds for genset to stabilize and take over coach load, that is about what mine does I'm sure. Oh, if inverter is left on, even if master switches are OFF, it will still draw some current as it thinks it going to be needed, so make sure you turn it off, as part of shutdown for storage. I never turn off breakers on this coach because it operates differently than last one, so I leave things alone, have not experienced any issues doing it this way.

FWIW: Just got back from Gaffney, SC Freightliner for 1 year service. Excellent service, great folks, got in and out in `1/2 day. Told me about Comfort Drive and said to leave it at 2, that is to me to soft but tech said it won't make difference, as higher setting is for a situation where road/wind is pushing coach severe, and higher setting is needed to overcome that. Will review CD video and see if newer info exists. He also showed me how to move things on the Dashboard LCD, but I forgot already. Oh, coach bleeds down in like 3-5 days, bags empty, air gauge reads zero or near that. He said, that is normal, and to time, end of compressor run (psst noise), to when compressor starts again, that is then compared against the chart for correct operating air brake systems. I have not done that, but he said my explanation is in the normal range.

Last edited:
FWIW: Just got back from Gaffney, SC Freightliner for 1 year service. Excellent service, great folks, got in and out in `1/2 day. Told me about Comfort Drive and said to leave it at 2, that is to me to soft but tech said it won't make difference, as higher setting is for a situation where road/wind is pushing coach severe, and higher setting is needed to overcome that.

Set CD where the wheel feels right for you and the conditions. I am typically around 4 to 4 1/2. I'll run it up in high wind conditions. This is the same as service center techs and tire pressures or Newmar techs and how to use sani-con and other camping procedures. Listen to your peer RVers and not these techs! They don't use these coaches like we do.

That is where I had it, but it wanted to pull to the left I thought, he took it down to 2 and it does not do that, but is too soft. Going to put it at 4 and see how that goes. Thx for the info.

Is there a special icon or acronym for a hi-jacked thread? ? ✈ ? ?
generator evolves to comfort drive??

That is where I had it, but it wanted to pull to the left I thought, he took it down to 2 and it does not do that, but is too soft. Going to put it at 4 and see how that goes. Thx for the info.

To discuss further please start a new thread on this topic.

@RandyB @Richpatty I appreciate your post. It saved me a lot of time! I had different, but weird readings on the panel, (ie amperage with 0 voltage) and t was because I had breakers turned off. THANKS!

I've seen lots of posts on Monaco making strange readings because people turn off the washer/dryer breaker because they either don't have one or don't use it. It drives the multiplex crazy for some reason.
I need to remember to check mine because I think I turned off the central vac breaker since wife won't use it and insists on her own vac.

Latest resources

Back