• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Favorite new thing

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
I took an alternate approach at a cost of about $20. Bought a roll of magnetic tape and a package of Neodymium magnets from Ace hardware . Put the magnetic tape on both the door and the coach frame, and a neodymium magnet on both the top and bottom corners of the door and door frame. Removed the screen door catch from the door frame. Result is the door opens with a push or pull depending on which side you are on. The handle in the sliding window is still in place witch holds the screen door to the outer door as needed.

This has been working well for me for ~ a year. If I was to do it over I may try just the neodymium magnets first. I think they may be sufficient.

I took an alternate approach at a cost of about $20. Bought a roll of magnetic tape and a package of Neodymium magnets from Ace hardware . Put the magnetic tape on both the door and the coach frame, and a neodymium magnet on both the top and bottom corners of the door and door frame. Removed the screen door catch from the door frame. Result is the door opens with a push or pull depending on which side you are on. The handle in the sliding window is still in place witch holds the screen door to the outer door as needed.

This has been working well for me for ~ a year. If I was to do it over I may try just the neodymium magnets first. I think they may be sufficient.
Do you have any pics?

Pic's of the magnetic tape & Neodymium.

Bottom of door. Round item is the Neodymium and the tape is above it.

IMG_0853.JPG

Bottom of door frame. Magnets match door.
IMG_0851.JPG

Door handle, note latch has been removed form the door frame.

IMG_0857.JPG

Nice, thanks!

Latest resources

Back