• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Question Feedback

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
RVs are selling well. used prices are up.So is the cost of buying new. Figure out a reasonable cost to sell yours and what you think you'd pay for a new one including options and specials. If you are okay with the difference...

As mentioned, if you like what you have now, keep it. You already know this one, and going out (once able) and starting up the engine, running the genset, ac's, and just exercising the systems is easy where you keep it. Your recovery time is "your recovery time", no one else, so the "months" other have experienced might not be your experience. You can always make the decision to sell it down the road it things don't work out, if it was me, I would keep it for now. See what happens, you will know what to do when time is right.

My sister had one done and the recovery is 6-9 months before you are really back to “normal”
Darned sorry to hear this Sheridany. Obviously I've never seen your RV in person, but I've looked at them on RV Trader and that model is super nice! If it were me, I'd keep it. It takes a bit to get the bugs worked out and why go through all that again? Besides, hanging out in the RV is probably going to be a good part of the "therapy" that gets you through this rehab process. At least, it would be for me.

Whatever you decide, good luck buddy!

OTOH, @sheridany may be looking for support to start the process for buying a NEW coach, and we ain't helping! :ROFLMAO:

Best to you, my friend.

TJ

After following the Girard issue and reading about windows coming off along with reading about high line electrical issues in the KA ES models elsewhere I am just not sure another Newmar is in the cards for me unless there was a serious improvement in construction quality and assembly. It’s not right what has happened to some of you and you deserve better quality for what you pay for these RV’s in my opinion. On the other hand, Newmar stands up and does right by their customer it seems but what we see happening shouldn’t be the norm.

Thank goodness for the incredible people on this forum that are good at finding Issues and devising solutions. My hat is off to you.

Concur: Furniture issue for many years, never resolved but instead remained with the known bad. Windows falling out and shattering, no change of supplier. Girard installed incorrectly now identified, failure to build to vendor specs. I'm sure many more. Newmar steps up but we shouldn't have to endure and make the necessary trips and out of pocket costs for these repairs. I'd like to see Newmar reimburse fuel and campground expenses roundtrip for these repairs.

Can't really say one way or another. Like someone else mentioned, it is really a personal financial decision. I will say that my buddy in Paducah just had shoulder surgery 2 weeks ago. He is in a sling with the arm completely secured and I believe he has to stay that way for another couple weeks. I know the recovery time is very slow but his Doctor has told him there is no reason he shouldn't be able to at least drive his coach (Tiffin Bus) to Florida around the first of December.

Sorry to hear @sheridany. My opinion is not any different from anyone else’s. If you were seriously looking at a new coach, there’s never been and probably will never be again a better time to sell a used coach and your recovery time lines up pretty much perfectly with time to delivery once an order is placed.

That said, if you’ve already made it yours And paid it down significantly, there might not be much upside to getting a newer coach other than some of new features that Newmar has started introducing such as random drop-out windows!

I have shifted my though process to an older Prevost marathon conversion. With that comes cost of updating remodeling etc and some issues like storage fit and possibly higher cost of ownership. For now, I’ll drive my Ventana unless I get a solid offer enough to make me part ways with it if I decide to list it.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back