Chassis
Freightliner XCR
Engine
Cummins 400 HP
TOW/TOAD
2017 Chevy Colorado
Fulltimer
No
I'm leaving Sedona, AZ soon for Page, AZ (Lake Powell). What do you use to find diesel fuel stops along a route? This one is sparse so I better know where I'm getting diesel before I leave as I do need to fill up.

We have the EFS discount card. In the EFS App we put in our route and it gives us all of the stations and prices - along with the amount of discount we would get.
Doris: Chief Navigator andCFO

I like to use Trucker Path and then follow up with Google Earth to check access. I really prefer independents as opposed to the standard large truck stops. Man I hate the crowds and waits at the Loves, Flying J etc.

What's this EFS discount card you speek of?

EFS x2. I plan using RV trip wizard and then enter stops each into Garmin from spreadsheet output.

Unfortunately a sparse area so EFS is limited. I may have to go off course a little and hit the PFJ west of Flagstaff.

OK then, that helps explain what happened to me on a trip to Orlando a couple of months ago. I sat in a multi vehicle wide line for 30 minutes to buy diesel. My turn came but I wasn't able to decipher the screen on the pump. There was an entire alphabet on the monitor and I was being asked questions and I had no idea what they meant. After punching a few incorrect buttons I got back in the coach and went across the street.

I felt like an idiot. Told my wife that I'm too stupid to even buy fuel for this thing and she might want to reconsider her decision to ride around with me.

She agreed. That really hurt...

EFS card, Gas Buddy and Google to make sure it is doable. Sometimes I’ll go with where is easiest as difference in fuel prices is the cheapest thing about RVing?

The process I use to locate fuel stops will change upon leaving my winter site next year. This will be due to finally being set up with my discount fuel card.

In the past I would have my fuel stops planned out a couple days ahead of time. I would use the Pilot phone app first and if I needed additional choices I would use my little blue book (truck stop guide). Always like to fuel up at busy truck stops where they are pumping a ton of diesel. I would check the satellite view in advance so it was easy to recognize the entrance/exit for fueling.

With the discount fuel card I suspect most of my future fuel stops will still be planned out well in advance. However from the information I am getting Love's generally is offering the cheapest prices with the card.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back