Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Status
Not open for further replies.
OK then, that helps explain what happened to me on a trip to Orlando a couple of months ago. I sat in a multi vehicle wide line for 30 minutes to buy diesel. My turn came but I wasn't able to decipher the screen on the pump. There was an entire alphabet on the monitor and I was being asked questions and I had no idea what they meant. After punching a few incorrect buttons I got back in the coach and went across the street.

I felt like an idiot. Told my wife that I'm too stupid to even buy fuel for this thing and she might want to reconsider her decision to ride around with me.

She agreed. That really hurt...

The first time I went to a PFJ I asked the trucker next to me for help. He was super helpful. Figuring out DEF was another story, I had to ask the manager inside once to help me (lesson is diesel always precedes DEF, you can't do DEF only). Moral is, go inside and ask for help.

As to fueling in local stations vs. truck stops my concern is maneuverability and clearance from their overhangs. The truck stops have pro's and con's but are my preference.

The first time I went to a PFJ I asked the trucker next to me for help. He was super helpful. Figuring out DEF was another story, I had to ask the manager inside once to help me (lesson is diesel always precedes DEF, you can't do DEF only). Moral is, go inside and ask for help.

As to fueling in local stations vs. truck stops my concern is maneuverability and clearance from their overhangs. The truck stops have pro's and con's but are my preference.
That’s where Google Earth comes in. If I have a local fuel spot in mind I take a look first using Google Earth I know if the station will accept large vehicles and also the best approach.

I am in Flagstaff, weather coming in tomorrow. Lots of snow all week above 6,000'. Avoid 89 north of Flagstaff with wind and snow. It will be hard to find big rig diesel pumps once you hit the Navajo Nation which is basically the entire northeast corner of Arizona.

I am in Flagstaff, weather coming in tomorrow. Lots of snow all week above 6,000'. Avoid 89 north of Flagstaff with wind and snow. It will be hard to find big rig diesel pumps once you hit the Navajo Nation which is basically the entire northeast corner of Arizona.

:eek:

Well the only way to Page (Lake Powell) is via 89. What's the best way to check road conditions prior to travel?

It looks like my travel day (tomorrow/Monday) to Page, AZ is going to be okay. After that not so much. Good thing I went grocery shopping today with no intention of leaving my RV until departure!

You found it. Early tomorrow should be ok. Looks like precipitation will start near sunset along that route. They tend to leave 89 open when the interstates are shutdown with snow and wind. However, there is nothing on that road (89) save for some Navajo settlements. Definitely going to be a white Christmas.

Screen Shot 2019-12-22 at 5.58.31 PM.jpg

I'm on the fence in just going south instead but I don't want to overreact but I'm tired of freezing in Sedona. Someone please tell me why I brought my kayak on this trip????

• Haha
Reactions: ARD
This time of year it is all about elevation. You are at 4,200 right now, but you have a big high plateau to cross to Page. Going to snow in Page most of the week. I would avoid going higher until next weekend. Looks like a high will build into the area starting Friday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Back