RV Model
Four Winds 30D
RV Length
TOW/TOAD
2020 Jeep Trail Hawk
Fulltimer
No
Hello Everyone,

Newbie here. I am getting ready to hit the road in two weeks. I just would like everyone's opinion. What is the first thing you bought to get ready for your first trip after you purchased your RV? There is so much out there that I want to get. Surge protector, tire pressure monitoring kit, etc....

Thanks,

John

2018 Thor Motor Coach Four Winds 30D
2020 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (TOAD)

Quality sewer is and extension, Progressive Idust dies, surge protector, quality extension shore power cord, leveling blocks, wheel chocks, extension drinking water hose, and water pressure regulator.

Also, spray disinfectant and rubber gloves for sewer duties. And don’t forget to take a basic set of tools.

I would make sure that your rig and hitch is capable of towing 5000 lbs.

Hey John,

Getting ready implies you have sanitized the fresh water system. Cleaned (flushed ) the tanks. Checked the stove, fridge, heater, and the A/C to make sure they all work. If you have done these things then you already know that you have some of the most important items.

After the essential items needed for the above tasks, I would go for a tps system next. Then I think most would agree that the fridge needs to be well stocked. ;)

Dont forget the smoke and carbon monoxide detectors. Test them, even if they are new. They can be life savers or killers. I read up on the carbon monoxide detector in the coach I just bought. The instruction manual says to replace it after 8 years. Its 15 years old.

Twice I have had the unpleasant task of responding to carbon monoxide deaths, horrible way to die.

Thinking you have the essentials to hookup on arrival, I would suggest surge protector as my first purchase and TPMS as second.

Hey John,

Getting ready implies you have sanitized the fresh water system. Cleaned (flushed ) the tanks. Checked the stove, fridge, heater, and the A/C to make sure they all work. If you have done these things then you already know that you have some of the most important items.

After the essential items needed for the above tasks, I would go for a tps system next. Then I think most would agree that the fridge needs to be well stocked. ;)
TPS or TPMS?

I rank the surge protector very high on the list. I'd also recommend spending the money to get one that boosts the low voltage of an old camp ground. Second would be to make sure you have good hoses and connectors for the sewer duties.

Welcome from Georgia!

Latest resources

Back