• Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

RCM

RVF Newbee
Fulltimer
No
Hey gang, newbie here...We are finally starting to look at a camper purchase. We are long time tent campers about to retire. A big motivation to move to a small camper from a tent is to use more of the summer season comfortably (i.e. A/C) Our use would be 2 adults occasionally accompanied by a couple grandkids for 2 to 5 day trips. The camper would allow stays at quieter state campgrounds or lands even without bathhouses. We currently tent camp only where we'd have access to a bathhouse.
The campers that meet our criteria for a good quality camper that seem to meet our needs are the Jayco jay flight SLX 174BH and the Winnebago 1700BH. Both seem to be well built. Reliability/ease of maintenance are key for us as well. Any thoughts or other suggestions? Our tow vehicle is a 2020 suburban 5.3L 4WD. I was looking to stick with a trailer close to 4000lbs. Thanks for your input!

Welcome aboard and yes, AC and camping in a travel home as I say is way better than tenting! I use to tent or actually, just sleep on the ground! In my 50’s…..nothing but a RV over my head….lol

Hey gang, newbie here...We are finally starting to look at a camper purchase. We are long time tent campers about to retire. A big motivation to move to a small camper from a tent is to use more of the summer season comfortably (i.e. A/C) Our use would be 2 adults occasionally accompanied by a couple grandkids for 2 to 5 day trips. The camper would allow stays at quieter state campgrounds or lands even without bathhouses. We currently tent camp only where we'd have access to a bathhouse.
The campers that meet our criteria for a good quality camper that seem to meet our needs are the Jayco jay flight SLX 174BH and the Winnebago 1700BH. Both seem to be well built. Reliability/ease of maintenance are key for us as well. Any thoughts or other suggestions? Our tow vehicle is a 2020 suburban 5.3L 4WD. I was looking to stick with a trailer close to 4000lbs. Thanks for your input!

You’ll be golden with that tow vehicle even if you go a bit bigger. We’ve been trying to a 6.3L 4WD Suburban since September. Some day we’ll get the vehicle that can take all of us plus our stuff.

Latest resources

Back