Chassis
Freightliner XCR
Engine
Cummins 400 HP
TOW/TOAD
2017 Chevy Colorado
Fulltimer
No
Too many stories I'm hearing of flaking upholstery and I'm not sure if it's limited to Flexsteel. I once thought it was a particular generation such as 2015 Newmar's but I'm hearing of it happening even in 2017's. The lesson I'm learning is taking extra precaution of the upholstery such as keeping the sun off of it (shades down) and treating with 303 or if anyone has something better. I'm just cautious of the sun and wear and tear. Use extreme caution with these upholstered items in coaches. Not sure how long it's been going on.

Know the problem well.

Attachments

• IMG_0414.JPG
    IMG_0414.JPG
    709.4 KB · Views: 31
@FL-JOE Welcome to the new board! I believe I read you had your captains chairs replaced. Any chance you could post a picture of what the new ones look like. I am heading in the same direction.

Thanks

CoreyinWP, I'll have to investigate the whole pic posting deal on this forum. Our interior is white, even though the exact Flexsteel name of it is something a little different. It all has darker colored piping, similar to your photo.

The flaking was not nearly as bad as what yours is. Newmar agreed to replace driver's side which had the minor flaking. Since Flexsteel no longer had the darker colored piping Newmar agreed to just replace both seats at the factory. We were several months out of factory warranty.

The new seats look exactly the same as the old, until you examine them closely. The material is a much heavier grade and the whole seat cushion and back is much firmer that the original.

I think Newmar redid their specs to Flexsteel on these seats and that is why Newmar simply replaced my seats instead of recovering them. I suspect if I closely examined a 2020 Ventana I would find the exact same heavier material being used.

I'll have to investigate the whole pic posting deal on this forum

If you're using a computer/web browser just click the Attach Files button and select any and all pictures in one shot. If you reply then they will be added as attachments. But you can also click the option to insert the pictures inline as thumbnails or full size images. Explore and have fun, it's easy, very powerful.

Thanks Neal for the tip. It was easy!!!!!

Attachments

• IMG_2476.JPG
    IMG_2476.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 41
  • IMG_2475.JPG
    IMG_2475.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 43
Thanks @FL-JOE . Look good, They still have the pebble texture I see. Still working on Newmar to replace mine

We first noticed my driver's seat had a couple flaking spots around maybe last June or July. I contacted CS at Newmar and sent them photos in an email. It took them a few days to get back to me at first.

I would hope they would take care of yours 100% free of charge. You are the original owner, right?

I am not original owner. I am still hopeful!

Latest resources

Back