Chassis
Spartan
Engine
Cummins
TOW/TOAD
2018 Ford Flex
Fulltimer
No
Anyone towing a Ford Flex. User Manual for the 2019 Ford Flex states that it is designed to be towed behind an RV four down after a simple setup put in N disconnect battery NEG.

The Internet on this topic is filled with nonsense, as usual:)

Looking at an economical (purchase price) low SUV to use just for the RV. Just one of many in the current fleet:)

Must be easy to get into, spacious inside, good load carrying capacity, smooth ride. Good long distance cruiser.

Look at Ford Maverick, unobtanium, Ford Escape (Ford programing recalls), so started looking at old favorites, FLEX came up. Found a 2019 with 38K on the clock with dealer service history. Selling for low retail. Mazda Dealer has been sitting on this one for a couple of months and wants it GONE.

New to me TOAD. This will be an interesting ride, so to speak

A018D208-E6A4-4011-A64B-1818C35A903F.jpeg

Last edited:
Had a close friend that towed a "Flex" behind his Winnebago. He was very happy with it. Spoke about the ease of towing it.
Unfortunately, he passed away due to cancer, so I can't get any other information for you.
Dutch Star will tow it & not it is back there!:)

The more I drive this vehicle the more I appreciate the engineers at Ford. They made most systems very intuitive and easy to use and understand. The vehicle is comfortable to drive. Very 'American' in its handling.
And it is a COMPLETELY different experience than that of driving the Tesla Y. The difference between Analog and Digital.

It takes focus to successfully transition between the two:)

The more I drive this vehicle the more I appreciate the engineers at Ford. They made most systems very intuitive and easy to use and understand. The vehicle is comfortable to drive. Very 'American' in its handling.
And it is a COMPLETELY different experience than that of driving the Tesla Y. The difference between Analog and Digital.

It takes focus to successfully transition between the two:)
Don't you mean flex

Analog on the Left and Digital Computer on wheels on the Right.

DJI_0014.JPG

Fuel Farm for the Home and Teslas on the roof

DJI_0013 (2).JPG

Last edited:
Hey Joe, How's it going with your Flex? We test drove a 2019 Flex SEL with only 8K miles on it tonight and really liked it. Trying to decide if it's worth the 29,800K they are asking due to the low mileage. We want to tow it and plan to have it for many years. Are you still liking yours for regular driving and towing?

Anyone towing a Ford Flex. User Manual for the 2019 Ford Flex states that it is designed to be towed behind an RV four down after a simple setup put in N disconnect battery NEG.

The Internet on this topic is filled with nonsense, as usual:)

Looking at an economical (purchase price) low SUV to use just for the RV. Just one of many in the current fleet:)

Must be easy to get into, spacious inside, good load carrying capacity, smooth ride. Good long distance cruiser.

Look at Ford Maverick, unobtanium, Ford Escape (Ford programing recalls), so started looking at old favorites, FLEX came up. Found a 2019 with 38K on the clock with dealer service history. Selling for low retail. Mazda Dealer has been sitting on this one for a couple of months and wants it GONE.

The Flex tows well and is a pleasure to drive. We drove it from central Florida to Indiana fully loaded. Handled the trip up comfortably and towed it back without issue.
We installed a base plate and battery cut off switch in the Flex. The cut off solenoid makes towing much easier and predictable.

good luck

Latest resources

Back