Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

jlrubin1983

RVF Newbee
We have a 2022 Forester 2551DSLE. We have had issues with the rear slide since it was new. It was fixed under warranty once after it came in at an angle and ripped off all the molding. We let it run all the way to the ends and never stop in the center. It took me nearly an hour after our trip today. As I would bring it in the forward portion of the slide would not move as fast as the aft. I would move it back out and it recenters itself but then the same thing happens. I tried that about a dozen times, moved the RV a few feet, re leveled it, then finally after a few more tries it came in normally. I would sure like to find a permanent fix for this if anyone knows one.

Vroom Slides
Marana, AZ.

They have a superior slide system to replace the Schwintec slides. I haven't done it yet myself, but if I have any more issues with the cheap Schwintec slides, I probably will.

When you bring it in and out, are you holding the button for five seconds after it stops. This is necessaty to sync the motors.

Also, when last have you lubricated the motors. Look at the videos from Schwontek on how to do this. This should be done regularly.

I am holding the button. The fix seems to be lubrication. I watched a pretty detailed you tube video on slide maintenance. It recommended twice per year. There are essentially 8 points on each slide that require lubrication. My large slide would bind after about 4" of motion and be off by at least an inch from front to back. I ran it back in, held the switch for 5 seconds to allow it to square itself back up. I then lubed those points. It was like magic, it worked better than when it was delivered. I ran the slide in and out 6 times to allow the lubrication to work. I used CRC PTFE lube. I will post a link to the video when I find it again. Both my slides seem to move much more easily and it makes a lot less noise now.

I am holding the button. The fix seems to be lubrication. I watched a pretty detailed you tube video on slide maintenance. It recommended twice per year. There are essentially 8 points on each slide that require lubrication. My large slide would bind after about 4" of motion and be off by at least an inch from front to back. I ran it back in, held the switch for 5 seconds to allow it to square itself back up. I then lubed those points. It was like magic, it worked better than when it was delivered. I ran the slide in and out 6 times to allow the lubrication to work. I used CRC PTFE lube. I will post a link to the video when I find it again. Both my slides seem to move much more easily and it makes a lot less noise now.
Nice, sounds like you got it.

I know some hate those slides but our full wall slide on our Forester 3051 worked well over the 6 years we owned it.

Some maintenance required but I had no complaints.

The syncing of the motors in and out does help as well.

Latest resources

Back