• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Found loose wires and washer, how big a problem do I have

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
I think just WD40 or dry silicone spray lubricant would be better.. I have not used anything on my jacks in 7 years (ashamed to admit it🙈) and they still work?

Looking at the Equalizer (I have equalizer not HWH), they recommended wiping down with WD40. I've always heard that WD40 attracts/traps dust and dirt, so was suprised by that.

As to the washer. Not painted yellow, it's more of a zinc color washer. I both crawled under and used a flexible endoscope type camera to look at all the front suspension stuff I could find, and can't find anything that appears to be either missing a nut/washer or an entire bolt.

Just stopped for night and first noticed a washer laying on top of equalizer pad. Then, when trying to reach it, I found this wire hanging loose just inside driver side wheel well behind front tire.

View attachment 19732View attachment 19733
Marker light wiring and washer from one of the leveler mounting bolts which has fallen off. It would be great to hear what you find out.

I've checked it out as much as I can off a lift. I can't find anything missing a bolt\nut. Will get it on a lift when I get home. Hoping it just got flung up and caught on leveler.

Washer was left off when shock was taken off and reinstalled (tried to switch to koni, but seemed like like fit).
I ordered a new light from newmar. It looked like the original had shrink fit connectors. Is that what I need or is there another water proof option? Never installed shrink fit before, but I do have a heat gun.

If these jacks are off the shelf hydraulic cylinders, they should need nothing in the way of cleaning or lubricating. I suppose if they were to remain extended for months on end, something sprayed on the shaft could reduce the slim chance of rust forming. If otherwise being used regularly, similar cylinders last for decades in far more harsh environments.

Latest resources

Back