Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

fendr1962

RVF Regular
I bought my RV new in Jan 2020 and put about 10,000 miles on it. We want to travel to Canada this year if the border is open. My question is about the brakes. Is it necessary to have them checked at this point for wear? I am thinking this is no different then a car that has brake drums and they should last 20 thousand miles before needing any maintenance. They currently work just fine. Also what about wheel bearings. Do they need to be repacked?

Welcome. I believe breaks you should be good at 10,000 miles. You mention repack, I assume you are talking about wheel bearings. Repacking wheel bearings is recommended every 10,000 miles.

Depending on your driving habits and type of driving will depend on longevity. Many Travel Trailers including mine do not have automatic adjusters on them. When the breaks begin to wear from use they get out of adjustment and become less efficient. Depending on the type brake system you have there is an adjustment port on the back to adjust back to where the brakes need to be for safe breaking.

Depending on your driving habits and type of driving will depend on longevity. Many Travel Trailers including mine do not have automatic adjusters on them. When the breaks begin to wear from use they get out of adjustment and become less efficient. Depending on the type brake system you have there is an adjustment port on the back to adjust back to where the brakes need to be for safe breaking.
Thanks! Mine are auto adjust. I will be replacing the brake assemble this year since my brake pads are now at 4mm.

Latest resources

Back