• Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Here's some info from FL on chassis maintenance which may help some

Attachments

• Freightliner Chassis Maintenance Manual_.pdf
    1.6 MB · Views: 42
So can we revisit this thread?

My coach hasn't been driven more than about 3K miles since the last Freightliner maintenance was done. But I've heard that there is a yearly maintenance that should be preformed, regardless of how many miles it was driven.

I have looked at the Freightliner Maintenance Schedule, and it is based on 6K, 15K, 30K, etc., but what is generally done on a "yearly" maintenance?

Or do I even need to worry about it since I drove so few miles?

Oh, another questions. What is the "usual" cost of an annual maintenance?

I don’t do anything based on time. I guess if it sat for 3 years I’d change the engine oil but it never does. Also they state a 15k engine oil maint. interval and I do mine at 7500. Cost of annual maint would be based on whatever you have them do. I’f I were concerned about anything on the list I’d just have them do that. I usually end up at a FL dealer once a year for something anyway. I would include a complete chassis lube (draw special attention to steering column zerks) and a brake system check and maintenance (including lube s-cams) on your annual list.

The chassis maint link above didnt work for me - this one should get you there

Below is the Cummins maint recommendation for ISL engines
IMG_2694.jpeg

We get ours done yearly at Gaffney regardless of mileage.

We get ours done yearly at Gaffney regardless of mileage.
Does the cost vary depending on need or is there a set list and price?

Does the cost vary depending on need or is there a set list and price?
It's different every year as some fluids need changing and some not on each year's list. That, and adding other parts like air cleaner or belts affects the price. Gaffney has usually been the cheapest and best service. We just finished our 8th year there with this coach and have been very happy with their service.

It's different every year as some fluids need changing and some not on each year's list. That, and adding other parts like air cleaner or belts affects the price. Gaffney has usually been the cheapest and best service. We just finished our 8th year there with this coach and have been very happy with their service.
Do you replace the belts every year? Or just if they show wear?

Do you replace the belts every year? Or just if they show wear?
I have them checked by the tech and let him make the call. I carry a spare set anyway.

I have them checked by the tech and let him make the call. I carry a spare set anyway.
Do you have a list of what they inspect/maintenance? And what is everyone paying for this "annual maintenance"?

Here is what NIRVC sent me. There's a lot of stuff that can be inspected/maintenanced and I'm sure a lot of it isn't necessary on a yearly basis.

Attachments

• f_NIRVC_Freightliner_ChassisService_NEW_2023_REV.pdf
    500.6 KB · Views: 19

Latest resources

Back