Freightliner Digital Dash Brightness - A solution finally!

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
RV Year
RV Make
Newmar
RV Model
Dutchstar 4369
RV Length
TOW/TOAD
2013 Chevy Silverado 2500HD Crewcab / 2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
A while ago, I posted on the other site about the terrible freightliner digital dash, and the inability to dim the dash. I have personally seen how Freightliner fixed the issue in 2020, but that dash has so many changes in it that the software will have to be backported to the 2019/2018. I don't hold my breath on this ever happening. The software engineers are only going to do this if the NTSB forces them to act.

I have been driving with a tshirt over the dash, and using my GPS to tell how fast I am going along with Bluefire to tell how my engine is performing...basically rendering the dash useless.

Recently @BuckyII reached out to me with a product he developed. It is a simple screen cut to size to snap into the dash of our 2019 Freightliner.

I am very impressed with both the ease of installation and the dramatic difference it makes.

It is easy to remove, but I plan on just leaving it installed 100% of the time.

You can buy the product directly from him @ http://www.dimit.bigcartel.com

This is a great solution -- I just wish I had thought of it first!

RV Year
RV Make
Newmar
RV Model
Dutch Star 4363
RV Length
43'9"
TOW/TOAD
2016 Ford Explorer Platinum
Thanks Ronnie

RV Year
RV Make
Newmar
RV Model
Ventana 4326
RV Length
TOW/TOAD
2020 Ford F-150
I do have the ability to change the brightness level in my coach. You’re probably right that it won’t get backported. Would be nice to see OTA updated for some of this stuff one day.

Couldn’t you just take like a piece of tinted acetate and place it over the screen? Remove it during the day? Driving with a T-shirt over the dash seems a little risky - though no as risky as driving with a flashlight pointed at your see holes.

[update] I should have clicked on the link first. That’s pretty slick and worth $50

RV Year
RV Make
Newmar
RV Model
Ventana 4037
RV Length
40' 10"
TOW/TOAD
2017 Chevy Colorado
Fulltimer
No
In the A-10 cockpit when we first got NVG's we had to put film over screens. Simple solution.