RV Make
Newmar
RV Model
Dutch Star 4018
RV Length
40’
TOW/TOAD
Jeep Wrangler Sahara
Have a faulty headlight rocker switch and thought I would see if I could source one on line. Spent an hour searching and was always pointed to the nearest Freightliner dealer. Ok, called the dealer and of course they can order the part but they don’t take credit cards over the phone (what?). So I drive 30 miles, wait in line for half an hour and get the $20 part ordered. And then I have to drive back to pick up the part. 120 miles later I have the part.
Has anyone found an online source for parts like this for the xcr chassis that would take a cc and send the part to your home?

RV Year
RV Make
Newmar
RV Model
Ventana 4037
RV Length
40' 10"
TOW/TOAD
2017 Chevy Colorado
I'm not sure exactly what you're looking for but if it's just one of those black switches then @redbaron pointed me to this site which I've ordered custom switches for mine such as for the Dash Radio, Dash Cam, and GPS.

RV Year
RV Make
Newmar
RV Model
Ventana 4369
RV Length
TOW/TOAD
2018 GMC Canyon or 2005 Jeep Wrangler
I have found the best place to buy Freightliner parts is from the Gafney Service Center. Considerably cheaper than any Freightliner dealer, will accept credit card over the phone and I believe free shipping. (864) 206-8683

RV Year
RV Make
Newmar
RV Model
Dutch Star 4081
RV Length
TOW/TOAD
Jeep Grand Cherokee Trail Hawk
Or you can order your coach on a Spartan.

They take credit cards over the phone.

And they even have a link on their app to this online store for the common stuff -

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

RV Year
RV Make
Newmar
RV Model
Ventana 4369
RV Length
TOW/TOAD
Buick Enclave
I had three radiators in three years on a spartan, never ordered them from their online store though!

RV Year
RV Make
Newmar
RV Model
Dutch Star 4081
RV Length
TOW/TOAD
Jeep Grand Cherokee Trail Hawk
@CoreyinWP

Yep, that’s been an issue, especially on the 2014 to 2017 Entegras. I have not seen similar high failure rates on Newmar’s riding on Spartan.

Any idea why? Was your three failure ordeal on a Newmar coach?

The story over on the Entegra forum seems to be a bunch of bad units purchased from a bad supplier. But the stink in the ointment appears to be Spartan’s failure, so far, to own up to the issue after fixing the problem by changing suppliers.

Spartan is taking care of the issue for coaches under warranty, but saying “too bad” if the three years is up.

The consensus seems to be that Spartan should step up for all owners for such a well documented and widespread issue. Sort of like the radiator dust bowl on the Freightliners. Now fixed, but for those with the problem, the fix from FL is pricey.

We never had any radiator issues on our 17 DS and at least the new DS will have the five year warranty.

Let’s face it, folks. They ALL have issues.

Last edited:
RV Year
RV Make
Newmar
RV Model
Ventana 4369
RV Length
TOW/TOAD
Buick Enclave
2013 Entegra!

Agree completely.

RV Year
RV Make
Newmar
RV Model
Ventana 4037
RV Length
40' 10"
TOW/TOAD
2017 Chevy Colorado
@CoreyinWP - love your signature, line 4 haha!!!

RV Year
RV Make
Newmar
RV Model
Ventana 4369
RV Length
TOW/TOAD
Buick Enclave
😁

RV Year
RV Make
Newmar
RV Model
New Aire 3543
RV Length
TOW/TOAD
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Don’t laugh...I have the same ratcheting paper towel holder...it’s awesome!