Chassis
Freightliner
Engine
Cummins ISL450
TOW/TOAD
Jeep Wrangler Sahara
Fulltimer
No
Have a faulty headlight rocker switch and thought I would see if I could source one on line. Spent an hour searching and was always pointed to the nearest Freightliner dealer. Ok, called the dealer and of course they can order the part but they don’t take credit cards over the phone (what?). So I drive 30 miles, wait in line for half an hour and get the $20 part ordered. And then I have to drive back to pick up the part. 120 miles later I have the part.
Has anyone found an online source for parts like this for the xcr chassis that would take a cc and send the part to your home?

I'm not sure exactly what you're looking for but if it's just one of those black switches then @redbaron pointed me to this site which I've ordered custom switches for mine such as for the Dash Radio, Dash Cam, and GPS.

I have found the best place to buy Freightliner parts is from the Gafney Service Center. Considerably cheaper than any Freightliner dealer, will accept credit card over the phone and I believe free shipping. (864) 206-8683

Or you can order your coach on a Spartan.

They take credit cards over the phone.

And they even have a link on their app to this online store for the common stuff -

1e92e0dba5b677b6992a56d4b29bae96.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I had three radiators in three years on a spartan, never ordered them from their online store though!

@CoreyinWP

Yep, that’s been an issue, especially on the 2014 to 2017 Entegras. I have not seen similar high failure rates on Newmar’s riding on Spartan.

Any idea why? Was your three failure ordeal on a Newmar coach?

The story over on the Entegra forum seems to be a bunch of bad units purchased from a bad supplier. But the stink in the ointment appears to be Spartan’s failure, so far, to own up to the issue after fixing the problem by changing suppliers.

Spartan is taking care of the issue for coaches under warranty, but saying “too bad” if the three years is up.

The consensus seems to be that Spartan should step up for all owners for such a well documented and widespread issue. Sort of like the radiator dust bowl on the Freightliners. Now fixed, but for those with the problem, the fix from FL is pricey.

We never had any radiator issues on our 17 DS and at least the new DS will have the five year warranty.

Let’s face it, folks. They ALL have issues.

Last edited:
2013 Entegra!

Agree completely.

@CoreyinWP - love your signature, line 4 haha!!!

?

Don’t laugh...I have the same ratcheting paper towel holder...it’s awesome!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Back