Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Mfeik

RVF Newbee
Hello, we just bought a 2014 Aspen trail 2760 bhs. The previous owner fever used the fresh water tank. We just took it out and in the way back we tried to empty the fresh water tank. I unscrewed what I thought was the drain but no water comes out. If I turn on my pump though, water comes out of the low point drain. I even took that while valve out of the pipe and still nothing. Am I missing something?

Attachments

• 0805211833.jpg
    0805211833.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 15
  • 0805211904.jpg
    0805211904.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 14
Maybe someone with your exact make/model/year will see your post and chime in. It seems a little odd to me that the fresh water tank drain would be that far back under plus it almost appears maybe someone added it after the original build? Are you 100% sure there isn't another line dropping down that has a blue color on it, indicating just cold water?

I've found, as a rule, to drain the tank there is a drain valve on the bottom of the tank. Open the valve and gravity does the job. To drain the system using the Low Point drains, the faucets inside need to be open. Again, gravity does the job. Also, don't forget to drain the water heater by removing the anode rod at the bottom of the heater.

Latest resources

Back