Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

HDRider1960

RVF Regular
How long with the electric refrigerator on a Leprechaun 270QB & Freelander 27QB run without shore power or the generator?

I suspect other Coachmen models have an electric fridge too, so maybe you can relate your experience if you don't have a Leprechaun 270QB & Freelander 27QB.

Thanks

I do not know the specs of your particular rig, but a lot of variables in that question. Is the fridge 12v and propane, or 120v, amp hour capacity of the battery pack in question, battery condition, other loads on the batteries/inverter, temp etc. Your better off (my opinion) looking up the wattage requirments of the fridge in question (your manual should have that info) and calculate the load from there. If no other loads you have your answer, each additional load will draw down the batteries based on its wattage requirements alongside the fridge power consumption. There are a bunch of wattage calculators on line (google) you can feed the info into once you locate it and know the specs on your battery capacity.

Do you mean how long can an absorption refrigerator run on battery power rather than propane?

A residential refrigerator will require a huge amount of power. Running on battery would last very long but of course it would depend on how many batteries and the type. I don’t think it was intended to be run on batteries for off grid use

The Leprechaun 270QB & Freelander 27QB have a 12V Double Door Full Size Refrigerator. It does not use propane
If you truly mean 12v, you should have a manual with specs or can look up the make model and get the electrical specs to calculate with. Cant say I have ever seen a full size 12volt fridge, but I am happy to be wrong on that.....there is always something new in the RV industry!

I can say our 120v full size residential fridge does not even work without the generator or shore power.

Interesting.....my residential runs off inverter all day as we are traveling, I can even microwave without generator while travelling, 6-6volt battery bank. In defference to OP, I have not tried to boondock with battery power only, my wife wouldnt know what to do without AC running!

We can run our residential fridge for 3+ days without shore/generator power.
Driving down the road our batteries are charged by the engine so the fridge is not a concern.
Need to check if your system is setup to charge batteries while driving.

If you truly mean 12v, you should have a manual with specs or can look up the make model and get the electrical specs to calculate with. Cant say I have ever seen a full size 12volt fridge, but I am happy to be wrong on that.....there is always something new in the RV industry!
I got that off the specs. I don't have the RV. I am considering it and have questions.

Latest resources

Back