Freightliner
Engine
450 hp Cummins
TOW/TOAD
3017 Colorado
Fulltimer
No
You don't often get email from [email protected]. Learn why this is important

Thank you for confirming. We will always recommend the custom setting for lithium batteries, if you would like to use CC/CV you are free to, but we find it unreliable. We do make a ME-BMK-L which is compatible with lithium batteries. However, all it does is tell the inverter the state of charge. If it loses calibration it could cause problems or damage your batteries, we often see these lose calibration with lithium. For us at tech support, it is only another point of failure and we would recommend adjusting your system based on voltage and time. Of course, if you want to add the BMK you are free to do so.

I got this today

This is interesting considering the lithium batteries I researched while trying to come to conclusions recommend cc/cv for charging their batteries.

I am sure recommendations will change as flaws become better known!

You don't often get email from [email protected]. Learn why this is important

Thank you for confirming. We will always recommend the custom setting for lithium batteries, if you would like to use CC/CV you are free to, but we find it unreliable. We do make a ME-BMK-L which is compatible with lithium batteries. However, all it does is tell the inverter the state of charge. If it loses calibration it could cause problems or damage your batteries, we often see these lose calibration with lithium. For us at tech support, it is only another point of failure and we would recommend adjusting your system based on voltage and time. Of course, if you want to add the BMK you are free to do so.

I got this today
This is why I switched to Victron. Solar Energy Systems told me Magnum doesn't play well with LiFePO4 and don't see it getting fixed. They've submitted requests which go unanswered, from what I recall. And as Magnum Dimensions (I believe was the name) was acquired, nothing has changed.

Latest resources

Back