Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

Question Front cap and windshield Bug removal-share best practices!

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
I need to check with the detailer who does our coach in Polson. He sprays something on before starting to wash the coach and the bugs seem to just melt. Been meaning to ask him and will do so when we get there later this week.

TJ
Sorry if I missed your follow-up on this topic. We would love to know if you found out what your retailer used in the windows! ?

Sorry if I missed your follow-up on this topic. We would love to know if you found out what your retailer used in the windows! ?
I'm still working on getting him to tell me. :ROFLMAO: He just said it was some "special stuff" he uses in all his detailing work. I'll keep working on him.

In the meantime, I bought some BugsN'All spray that was recommended to me by another RVer on this forum. He will remain unnamed until I can fully evaluate the product. ;)

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01AMJ5O22/?tag=rvf01-20

I haven't had a chance to use it yet as we haven't been on the road killin' bugs since it arrived. When I do get a chance to use it, I will certainly post my report.

TJ

BugsN'All spray
I use this and it works great. Much less work than Wash Wax All. The key is to keep it wet, don’t let it dry on you and give it a chance to work it’s magic before wiping off. I do follow up with Wash Wax All and 303 when I remember. ?

We will check some stores along the way to see if we can find it... as we are on the road now. If we find it I will let you know how it worked. We definitely are in a position to test it on our travels... never seen so many bugs on a windshield before. (Of course we have never owned a vehicle with a windshield as big as this one! ?)

I've been using Rejex on the entire front cap and fortunately, I find it quite easy to remove bug splats with just water and microfiber cloths. Probably have applied 5-6 coats to the front cap since mid November. We're full timing and use The Solution "dry wash" (competitor to Wash Wax All) to clean the rig when unable to wash it normally.

I picked up a bottle of Turtle Wax Bug and Tar remover a day ago at Target. Gave it a go on the toad and it worked great. Spray. Wait a minute, wipe it away with a microfiber cloth.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back