RV Year
RV Make
Newmar
RV Model
Bay Star
RV Length
TOW/TOAD
Jeep Grand Cherokee
So we’ve been sitting in Hilton Head Motorcoach Resort for the past 9 days. Moved the coach to a new site yesterday for a change of scenery. While cleaning the front today I noticed that the seam between the front cap and drivers sidewall has come unglued exposing the innards. I’ve reached out to Newmar CS but I’m not expecting much other than take it to a dealer. I’ve taped it up to cover all the gaps to hopefully prevent moisture or water from getting in. Any other ideas to help prevent damage in the interim?

747C7A57-37E9-49F7-A990-32E681F3E222.jpeg

@TJ&LadyDi had a delamination situation, I think Newmar took care of it. From your picture though it seems like simple 3M double sided tape so I wonder if you can fix this yourself?

On our 2014 Ventana LE, we experienced a similar failure as @Neal mentioned. Newmar took care of it under their delamination warranty. Take a couple of photos and e-mail them to Newmar CS.

It is a failure of the double-sided tape and the repair to our coach by Guaranty RV in Oregon included glue and screws. The body shop manager felt that there should have been screws involved from the beginning.

TJ

Thanks gentlemen. My biggest concern is further damage if I encounter rain because it acts like a snorkel. I already emailed Newmar so hopefully will hear something tomorrow. The downside is a good dealer in Virginia (stop laughing @Neal) or scheduling factory time and the wait.

Bill

I used Gorilla tape to close up the opening and was able to drive 350 miles to the repairing dealer without incident. The Gorilla tape stuck well, but also came off with a minimum of fuss according to the body shop manager. YMMV. Oh, and, I have no financial interest in Gorilla tape. Just a satisfied user.

TJ

Latest resources

Back