• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

mikecrosby.5695

RVF Regular
Hi Everyone
Just curious for those who travel full time/extended trips: Is anyone doing this with a 3k budget?
If so, what are your strategies?
Thanks in advance for your tips!

Hi Everyone
Just curious for those who travel full time/extended trips: Is anyone doing this with a 3k budget?
If so, what are your strategies?
Thanks in advance for your tips!
I just booked 71 nights of camping, only paying for 7 in Bar Harbor. So far I have booked, Florida, Gettysburg, A few weeks in Maine, then Lake Erie, Indiana, Tenn. That's where I stopped so far. In total I am paying $850+- for the one cg.
I bought a Thousand Trails Membership. It is the best they sold a couple years ago. Sold for about 16K new, I paid less 6k as I bought it used.
Point is if you buy a used TT, spend 6k, you can do a lot of free camping. My plan allows me to go TT cg to TT cg. Three weeks at a time. 180 day advance booking.
So far, it has paid for itself with all the camping I have done using it. Now I just pay the yearly, basic membership dues and everything now is free.

Please define budget! Is that income, or free cash for the journey per month. They would require different strategies.

I just booked 71 nights of camping, only paying for 7 in Bar Harbor. So far I have booked, Florida, Gettysburg, A few weeks in Maine, then Lake Erie, Indiana, Tenn. That's where I stopped so far. In total I am paying $850+- for the one cg.
I bought a Thousand Trails Membership. It is the best they sold a couple years ago. Sold for about 16K new, I paid less 6k as I bought it used.
Point is if you buy a used TT, spend 6k, you can do a lot of free camping. My plan allows me to go TT cg to TT cg. Three weeks at a time. 180 day advance booking.
So far, it has paid for itself with all the camping I have done using it. Now I just pay the yearly, basic membership dues and everything now is free.
Great info! Tks!

Latest resources

Back