• Commercial/Vendors welcome

FWS will not go all the way in

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Also reading at other location where others have had the same issue that with these latest slides you need to have the engine running to provide full power to the HWH system. Not just plugging it in or running the generator.

I had wondered why North Trail in Ft Myers had a beautiful 2020 Mountain Aire with three long tiles at the edge being replaced.
HWH pump motor runs thru the batteries, which needs to be fully charged. Running the engine is a way to insures full voltage to the pump but not required. Some models the FWS will not operate with the engine running, ie 2017 DS.

Most of the issue being discussed are on the newer coaches that allow engine to run when running the slide. Our 2018 New Aire slides won’t operate with engine running either.

HWH pump motor runs thru the batteries, which needs to be fully charged. Running the engine is a way to insures full voltage to the pump but not required. Some models the FWS will not operate with the engine running, ie 2017 DS.
Well I guess my 2017DS isn’t a 2017. Kitchen & bedroom electric slides won’t work with the engine running but the FWS certainly does. After I air up I just keep the engine running and in comes the FWS!!

What is causing the tile impact? The slide moving in without being raised? Could there be a fail safe check that if not up to a certain point it can't come in?

We experienced issues as well in our new 4310 DS.

FWS appeared to catch at the rear of the coach. When it went to lower it let off a nice bang and then settled.

I called newmar and they seem to think it’s an adjustment issue. We got to camp and it seems to have stuck again. But no bang.

We are here for a few days and will retract and test more when home.

wish I didn’t think I need to head to the factory. But I fear that is the case.

not thrilled for week one of the newmar ownership process.

Latest resources

Back