• Commercial/Vendors welcome

FWS will not go all the way in

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
If it goes all the way in and than backs out, it looks like the locks do not engage?

If it goes all the way in and than backs out, it looks like the locks do not engage?
I believe the HWH FWS is held in with hydraulic pressure, not locks. Don’t hold me to that, however.

Morn than likely solenoid issue, not closing valve once limit achieved. But the tile issue is a Newmar issue to fix, so make appointment at mothership, and let them fix it all at once.

Welcome Don and Wendy to the forum, sorry it’s with a FWS issue. I will be following and hope you have some assistance tmo

Sorry to hear about this problem with your new coach. I wonder if the slideout shape/floor is sagging due to the weight of the refrigerator right there and cracked the tiles?

Thank you for your help. We are on the road. Talked to HWH this morning. They thought it might be a contaminant in the solenoids. They had us shut the two solenoids in the 4th bay (behind vac system) by turning the lever 90 degrees (down). Pushed the In button on the slide for 10 seconds. The slide doesn’t move, but motor runs flushing the contaminant out. They can’t guarantee it won’t happen again in which case we will need a new solenoid, but are hopeful.? Hope this helps anyone else out in the same situation and thank you for the tips.

Thank you for your help. We are on the road. Talked to HWH this morning. They thought it might be a contaminant in the solenoids. They had us shut the two solenoids in the 4th bay (behind vac system) by turning the lever 90 degrees (down). Pushed the In button on the slide for 10 seconds. The slide doesn’t move, but motor runs flushing the contaminant out. They can’t guarantee it won’t happen again in which case we will need a new solenoid, but are hopeful.? Hope this helps anyone else out in the same situation and thank you for the tips.
Great to hear and thanks for sharing the info for others to learn from. Safe travels.

I don't know the HWH system but here are a few thoughts/concerns:
  1. Can the FWS be stopped if you see that it's not going to clear the tile to avoid damage in the future?
  2. Can HWH improve the system so it detects this situation to avoid damaging floors?
  3. Can it detect it hasn't lifted the required amount prior to the slide moving in?
  4. How much is a replacement solenoid and how hard is it to change? I personally could not risk floor damage wondering if the solenoid is compromised or not.
Destroying floor tile is saddening and having to have unsightly damaged tiles until you can get somewhere to have it replaced is nothing any of us want. My concern is how to prevent this, and does HWH need to do something to ensure this can never happen again?

I was told you can stop the FWS movement, just don’t stop during the lift phase. Since there are two of us I always stand outside and DW pushes the button and to release if she hears me bang on side of the coach.

Also reading at other location where others have had the same issue that with these latest slides you need to have the engine running to provide full power to the HWH system. Not just plugging it in or running the generator.

I had wondered why North Trail in Ft Myers had a beautiful 2020 Mountain Aire with three long tiles at the edge being replaced.

Latest resources

Back