lahad1

RVF Regular
RV Year
RV Make
Entegra
RV Model
29V
RV Length
Hello fellow travelers. We are headed northeast in a few weeks for two months. Of course our biggest expense will be fuel. I have the Gas Buddy app on my phone, but it never seems to be very complete. Many stations without prices and a lot without the price of midgrade (which is what we need). What are you guys out there using for travel apps. Gas and anything else.
Really appreciate any ideas
L

Being a native northeasterner, before becoming a Floridian, you might want to check your route for bridges. This is sometimes a surprise to folks not familiar with the area. Interstates are fine, parkways are mostly not. Getting lost can be a problem.
When I was first employed, I drove a truck. It is easy to get turned around and find yourself facing a railroad bridge with 10' or 11' clearance. Generally a bad day on a tight road.

On fuel you can try Waze, Gas guru.

For general area fuel price expectations each state posts averages:

Hello fellow travelers. We are headed northeast in a few weeks for two months. Of course our biggest expense will be fuel. I have the Gas Buddy app on my phone, but it never seems to be very complete. Many stations without prices and a lot without the price of midgrade (which is what we need). What are you guys out there using for travel apps. Gas and anything else.
Really appreciate any ideas
L
We use Gas Buddy primarily and actually have been quite successful with it. Also when we are getting close to needing fuel we start visually looking as we drive along. Sometimes we run across smaller station with diesel as a good price this way. We kind of start paying attention once we get below half tank.

Good morning and thanks to both of you for the advice. I love the AAA gas prices link. I have bookmarked that. I also downloaded Gas Guru on my phone. I didn't care much for Waze. I agree with keeping an eye on stations as we are getting closer to needing fuel. I have been looking at our route for months and have some stations already picked out. (we are Costco members). But I know that will need to be adjusted as we are traveling. Every morning before we head out, I will check the daily route, gas needs and any possible low bridges (thanks for that too)
OMG, being the navigator/co-pilot is a tough job! LOL
thanks again.
L

I use Gas Buddy. But I also fill up either before I park overnight or before I leave out in the morning. I typically stay overnight at a Sam's Club. I prefer to refuel on my schedule rather than wait until the fuel tank says to refuel. I did that once and had to back track thru a town to find a place that actually had fuel (passed 3 station all with "no gas" signs). I ended up at a truck stop and paid more than if I had just refueled at Sam's Club like I wanted. My co-pilot said wait. I said no. Co-pilot won since she was paying. Last time we did that.

Latest resources

Back